Seabourn Quest

We are looking at the November 1, 2024 sailing of the Quest. It’s a bit of an odd duck itinerary, but fits in time wise for a quick get away. Rumor has it  that they added this sailing instead of sending the Quest into dry dock and will be performing some of the work during the sailing. Any thoughts on what this might be like?  Or should we look elsewhere?   Thanks in advance 

54 minutes ago, traveling6pack said:

We are looking at the November 1, 2024 sailing of the Quest. It’s a bit of an odd duck itinerary, but fits in time wise for a quick get away. Rumor has it  that they added this sailing instead of sending the Quest into dry dock and will be performing some of the work during the sailing. Any thoughts on what this might be like?  Or should we look elsewhere?   Thanks in advance 

I haven’t heard this rumor

I noticed Seabourn announced Sushi now being served on the Quest in The Club.  I'm aware that this is not as a separate dining venue as on other Seabourn ships.

Question then:  Is is served just as hors d'oeuvres, or can it become a light meal?

TIA

11 minutes ago, Kane said:

I noticed Seabourn announced Sushi now being served on the Quest in The Club.  I'm aware that this is not as a separate dining venue as on other Seabourn ships.

Question then:  Is is served just as hors d'oeuvres, or can it become a light meal?

TIA

It can be appetizers or a meal depending on the amount you order.  It is ordered and brought to you by the bartenders in the Club; it is not a buffet.  Basically it starts at 6:00 PM during "happy hour" and continues during the dinner hours usually until 9 PM.  It's sashimi (nigiri and maki) and rolls.  Not the same menu as on the larger ships in Sushi.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We got off Sojourn recently and have pre-dinner drinks at 7-7.15 and saw a few people obviously having sushi as a light meal as they would order a few courses. We tried both the sushi and the sashimi. I don't usually partake of the nibbles in the Obs Bar or Club but having the lovely Sashimi as a starter occasionally was great. 

They also have a some Sake there which you can have straight or made into a cocktail. I didn't try them but a few times I did have one of their zero alcohol cocktails. I enjoyed the Zero Aperol Spritz.

Edited by frantic36
  • Thanks 1

Guys:  Thanks for the follow-up.  It's sounding better and better, having been a few years since we sailed Seabourn ... Solis and sushi.

It's a grim itinerary to get to where we board later this week.  This is something to look forward to. 😁