LIVE! Jubilee Jaunt  3/2-3/9 Big Family Fun—Let’s Cruise!

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from TravelBlueBird! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

TravelBluebird was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Yes! She’s back!  After my grand adventure to Antarctica on Holland America, I return to Carnival, this time on the brand new Jubilee!

I was originally booked on the maiden TransAtlantic voyage of Jubilee that got cancelled; this is the earliest I could re-book after that happened.  Along the way, I’ve picked up 8 of my friends and family to cruise along with me. As you might know if you’ve read my prior LIVE! blogs, I don’t generally cruise with such a large group. And we have 5 first time ocean cruisers on this trip! It certainly is a bit like herding cats, but I’m here for it!

This is my 9th LIVE! Blog here on Cruise Critic, and I just love taking y’all along with me. Things that make me particularly excited about this cruise:

1. 1. JUBILEE! New ship. YAY!
  3. 2. Excel class ship! My favorite (I’ve already sailed on Mardi Gras and Celebration)
  5. 3. My Platinum cruise! Yep, I’m just now Platinum, as I sail with many cruise lines. But for Fun in the Sun, Carnival is my favorite. FREE LAUNDRY! 😀

4. Galveston! Last time I sailed out of Galveston, it was the Carnival Breeze in 2016! 

1. 5. Big family group! Well, I think this is good. I DO feel a bit responsible for the whole trip. If you plan the entire cruise for your  family, do you feel that way?

I have a cruising channel on YouTube, Cruising With Dee. You can completely enjoy this LIVE! without visiting my channel, but if you want to visit my channel and/or subscibe, I won’t complain!  I write my blog (prose) here with lots of photos, and the videos and live streams go on the Channel.  Link to my channel is always in my signature, and I’ll include links for any videos I upload during or right after the trip.

This particular cruise is the Western Caribbean Itinerary, so ports are Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan. I have done all of these ports multiple times now.; I’m there for the ship, not the ports, but I do have concern that so many huge ships are really over- narrowing the port possibilities.  I’m going to just chill at Passion Beach in Cozumel; go see the sloths in Roatan (haven’t done that one yet) and then just explore the port area in Costa Maya. Many on this trip will be diving; I  do not dive.

Thanks in advance for reading along and joining in! I don’t like my LIVE! blogs to be soliloquies; so please comment, suggest, ask questions! I’ll try my best to answer any questions I can while I’m on the ship. 

Let’s Cruise!

• Like 15

2 hours ago, tha sista said:

I’m looking forward to your views on this ship and I love your YouTube channel!

Thanks @tha sista! I’ve just got my preview video for this cruise up…my face is washed out which I apologize for (looked fine when I edited it!) Too late to change it…I need to wake up tomorrow at 6am for my flight!: 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dctravel said:

I’m in! We sail on Jubilee March 23. Our first cruise back since the shutdown!

@dctravel Wow its great to see so many Cruise Critic people cruising on the Jubilee this month! And your first cruise back since the shutdown—that is exciting!  Things have changed since pre-shutdown for sure, but I still love cruising!

• Like 2

All set for tomorrow!  Other than the glares I’m getting from my cats (they hate it when I travel!), everything seems to be in order! Early morning flight, but since there is no connection, I should be on the ground at IAH airport by about 11:30.

Very chilly here; in the morning will be upper 30s when we leave the house. I hate taking a coat for  the plane prior to a Caribbean cruise…just gets in the way the entire trip. 

Any suggestions for dinner tomorrow in Galveston?  Haven’t made a plan yet. We are staying at the Courtyard Galveston Island and the Town Place Suites right next to it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Hello @princess76021 You are very welcome! Hope you are nowhere near those awful wild fires. My people from California coming to the cruise will be flying over that area.

Thanks for worrying!  I am nowhere near those fires right now and unless they get close to the big cities we should be safe.  Seriously appreciate the tboughts!

Now let's get on with this cruise!!  Safe travels!!

Hugs from Texas

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Our airport parking garage was under construction, so we played “airport parking lotto” and drove around endlessly trying to find a spot in long term parking, so we didn’t have to go (far) outside to economy parking in the pouring rain. And we won!  Found a spot just as we were about to give up.

I did bring the coat, and since I was freezing on the walk to the terminal, a good decision. Also only in the low 60s today in Galveston 😭 was 70s last week.

Usually our family member who house sits and stays with the cats drives us, but they couldn’t drive us today. Gosh, we appreciate them!

Less than 10 minutes from curb to the gate area. 

And then our traditional stop at Starbucks, for 2 short extra dry cappuccinos!   Let the vacation begin! 

IMG_1231.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 8

Flight showing on time. It is a miniature commuter plane.  For nearly a 3 hour flight!

I don’t know what United is thinking sometimes.  At least all of Delta’s planes are a step up from this one.

image.jpg

• Like 5