Oceania does not refund port taxes for skipped ports

Sdancer

On 4/18/2024 at 11:02 AM, ak1004 said:

Good for you! How much was it per person?

And yes, many people actually claim that O skips ports to save money. Just read some of the topics on this board.

Claiming something doesn't make it true, people can claim anything-but don't have the back up or facts regarding their statement.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 10:07 AM, Sdancer said:

No one claimed that Oceania skipps ports to save money - it an absurd statement and is not based on any post here, really :).

BWY, Oceania does not lose money from cancelled excursions in skipped ports - I am not going to go into financial details here.

The reason I am posting today to let you Today that I received an email from Oceania that on the "second look" they decided to refund us for skipped Cozumel.

How about that? 🙂

Have a nice day!!!

Did you have to ask or was it automatic?

• 2 weeks later...

Blessings to all of you who plan your cruise bookings, excursions, transportation, and hotel stays. I used to travel extensively for work-avg 3 flights per day and different Capitals almost every night. My TA was glorious!! Wish she hadn’t retired.

But travel today dealing with AI and bots handling contact with reservations, the price changing literally in hours/minutes, and the opaque booking prices, or downright fraud/con leaves me needing to shower from what should be a transparent open process. It hasn’t gotten better with technology- hides too much of the unsavory part of corporate/human nature.

California's new honest pricing law effective in a few weeks will require all cruise lines to include port charges and taxes in advertised pricing. I understand that major cruise lines will begin conforming with that law nationwide. Not sure if that will affect refunds for missed ports by other cruise lines, as they still can be broken out on the invoice. Time will tell.

• Like 1