Vancouver post cruise question

cusematt4

Hi all - does anyone have any suggestions for a post cruise day in Vancouver?  First time in Vancouver, flight home isn’t until 10pm.  We’ll have a full day once we get off the ship.

In addition to recommendations, any advise on what to do with our luggage?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Does the cruise line offer any tours for the day you depart? Some cruise lines will. For example, we are sailing Celebrity, and they offer four tours with airport transfer for the the day we disembark. From looking at the details, it looks like they either hold your bags for you, or they take them to the airport for you (not 100% sure).

Also, Saint Greg did a live review of the NCL Jewel last year, and he stored his luggage when he arrived back in Vancouver, did the Hop-On-Hop Off bus, and then headed to the airport. Details at

Edited by dctravel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi all - does anyone have any suggestions for a post cruise day in Vancouver?  First time in Vancouver, flight home isn’t until 10pm.  We’ll have a full day once we get off the ship.

In addition to recommendations, any advise on what to do with our luggage?

Thanks!

We were same last May after princess cruise. We stayed pan pacific prior to cruise and they stored our bags after cruise ($5 each two cases as we’d stayed there or $10 case if not stayed so we thought very reasonable). 

Because we’d stayed 5 days prior to cruise we had seen most of what we wanted. So didn’t want a tour. We walked round corner from hotel to station and bought two day transport tickets $8 odd AUD each (concession). This gave us access to all transport till 1am including the train out to airport.

we took the ferry over to north Vancouver as we’d loved that with a lovely little market, yum foods and so nice to sit outside to eat.

then we caught ferry back and took a bus to the movies as new release we’d wanted to see. Very nice cinemas and good price. After thus, we actually walked back to the port, went and picked up our cases around 4.30 and headed out to the airport. Very easy to do on the sky rail???( I forget its name) from the waterfront station. It’s half an hour to the airport. We had lounge access at the airport so we headed there after checking in our bags which we were able to do after 6pm and relaxed there. It all went very smoothly.

• Like 1

I have a 10 pm flight also. I am doing 8 hour post cruise tour with Land sea tours. They will store the luggage during the tour and drop me off at the airport. 

• Like 1

We had a similar layover on one of our returns to Vancouver prior to our flight. We rented a car at the port and used it to tour on our own to some of the local sites, including Stanley Park and then turned it in at the airport. This was several years ago so you would have to see what companies are located at the port, but as I recall there were a few major carriers who also had locations at the airport and allowed you to return the car there. Just another option to consider as it removes the concern about your bags and also gives you control of your day.

2 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

We had a similar layover on one of our returns to Vancouver prior to our flight. We rented a car at the port and used it to tour on our own to some of the local sites, including Stanley Park and then turned it in at the airport. This was several years ago so you would have to see what companies are located at the port, but as I recall there were a few major carriers who also had locations at the airport and allowed you to return the car there. Just another option to consider as it removes the concern about your bags and also gives you control of your day.

That is a great idea!