Resilient Lady Transatlantic & Spring 2025 Itineraries

1 hour ago, bdever said:

I did, a sea terrace on the May TA out of MIA is still $2,538 more than the April TA from PR 😳😳😳

IMG_9885.jpeg

Sorry about that.  I was looking at the November Scarlet crossing that just dropped by about $1,000 in the last week.  They are starting to pull back a bit from the high prices as I assume bookings are not as rosy as they hoped.  Maybe we will see some more price adjustments.  I anticipate the popular San Juan itineraries will go up a bit from their introductory pricing, but some of the 2025 will come down from their high starting point. 

I haven't sailed VV yet.  I'm on Scarlet Lady TA on 4/21/24, then 3 days in Barcelona, fly to Athens and board Resilient Lady for 10 nights.

But, I saw this and although I'm a CPA and the partners will NOT be happy with me, I booked it.  My TA was on Valiant Lady so I sent her a message on Friday.  She bought a placeholder and applied it to the booking.

I'm in an interior on Scarlet, and an solo interior on Resilient from Athens.  Since I'm solo, I typically book interior cabins (I love nice, dark cabins for sleeping), but the price was too good to pass up.  Plus, I got next to no perks for my interior on Scarlet.

I would've preferred the Scarlet Lady May sailing (because of work) but it was so much more expensive!  And I do love San Juan, so looking forward to an evening there pre-cruise.

My friends (who are in their early 70s) love VV, so I hope I will, too.  I've become a fan on HAL the past few years.  I'm not much of a partier these days so I figured having that balcony cabin to retreat to if it's too noisy around the ship would be a good thing to have.  But I'll probably just join in the fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I would've preferred the Scarlet Lady May sailing (because of work) but it was so much more expensive!

Honestly! I am not sure why that Scarlet Lady TA in May is so much more. I’m surprised they haven’t adjusted the fare to be comparable with the Valiant Lady TA. I have heard of quite a few people who switched out their bookings already. 

57 minutes ago, bdever said:

Honestly! I am not sure why that Scarlet Lady TA in May is so much more. I’m surprised they haven’t adjusted the fare to be comparable with the Valiant Lady TA. I have heard of quite a few people who switched out their bookings already. 

Given what I've seen with pricing on a few cruises and rooms, I've assumed Virgin has some demand based pricing algorithm at play.  So I'm curious to see if, eventually, the lower price of the Resilient Lady TA cruise drives demand and subsequently it's price up, and then maybe lower demand or lost bookings for the Scarlet Lady TA cruise drives it's price down.

• Thanks 1

I know we are WAY early to book flights, but does anyone have tips on getting decent one-way fares back to the States??

Last October I got lucky and found $800 PP fares from ABQ to BCN on Delta Comfort+, looking at comparable flights the fares are more than the cruise. I'll return from any city in Europe.

It might be cheaper to come back on the Queen Mary.

Just now, CrazyTrain2 said:

I know we are WAY early to book flights, but does anyone have tips on getting decent one-way fares back to the States??

Last October I got lucky and found $800 PP fares from ABQ to BCN on Delta Comfort+, looking at comparable flights the fares are more than the cruise. I'll return from any city in Europe.

It might be cheaper to come back on the Queen Mary.

Buying points might be the best way, it's annoying the way they price up one way flights 🙁 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, robertsammons said:

Buying points might be the best way, it's annoying the way they price up one way flights 🙁 

I just checked and that is a GREAT idea.  I have a bunch of AA points - I think it is time to dump them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CrazyTrain2 said:

I just checked and that is a GREAT idea.  I have a bunch of AA points - I think it is time to dump them.

I got Miami back to London for around 30,000 points I think BA is same as AA 

After my first TA to Spain I immediately applied for a Chase Iberia Plus Visa. I use this card for travel and entertainment expenses only. I quickly qualified for the introductory offer of 75k Avios. I use my Avios for direct flights on Level (Iberia operated) from/to LAX & Barcelona in premium economy, bulkhead. My direct flight, premium economy ticket for November of this year was only 27k Avios. My direct flight ticket from BCN to LAX in May I paid for with the card & premium economy bulkhead for that flight was only $700.00. Card earns 3x Avios on flights and 2x avios on hotels stays booked directly with the property.