Another TA question

18 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Always get a confirmation.  If I have a ta, it goes through them.  I always follow up to make sure I get it within a day or two.  If I'm dealing directly with Royal I don’t get off the phone until I get the email. 

no reason a TA should take a couple of days to send the invoices, it's all instantaneous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

no reason a TA should take a couple of days to send the invoices, it's all instantaneous.

Agree, but sometimes they don’t forward it as quickly as that.  

4 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

TA responded and sent a screenshot from her system (cruising power.com) showing it's paid.  She had the same question I saw here, "don't you see $0 balance due" in your RCL account. So I do find it strange that I see no numbers when I'm logged in. Go figure. So, I guess it's on to watching for stateroom assignment 🙂

Not sure why she can't just send you the guest copy of Royals invoice.  It literally takes less time than doing a screenshot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazyfrazee said:

Once you receive your set sail pass, you save to your Apple Wallet. You open it and it will show your deck number, and also your cabin number. The cabin number is the last 4 digits on the barcode. It has worked for me each time. I've heard it's not 100% but I'd say it's close.

Ah, the beloved bar code trick, but you forgot to say “sometimes” when you receive the set sail pass it will have that info.  Sometimes one gets a set sail pass without a deck number and in apple wallet in says “gty” after the dash (there is no hidden cabin number in Royal’s system).  

The bar code trick can be fun, but even trying the trick assignments can still come as early or late as the cruiseline desires.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure why she can't just send you the guest copy of Royals invoice.  It literally takes less time than doing a screenshot.

That is where all of my confusion came from. I did get Royals invoice with the deposit, and even after asking for it (after balance payment), all I got was this screenshot. I came here because, over the years, people have offered great insight. 

And of course, as you all know, RCL is absolutely no help. I tried sweet talking them yesterday, and after being on hold forever, got word that they would give me a number I could call that would help… keep in mind this is after I had told me the TA wasn’t responding. The number they gave me? The TA.  Yeah, go RCL!

Attached is what I see when I log in, so definitely no information there. So, if the sailing disappears on March 18, I can assume it wasn’t paid for?

Royal Caribbean.jpeg.png

8 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

That is where all of my confusion came from. I did get Royals invoice with the deposit, and even after asking for it (after balance payment), all I got was this screenshot. I came here because, over the years, people have offered great insight. 

And of course, as you all know, RCL is absolutely no help. I tried sweet talking them yesterday, and after being on hold forever, got word that they would give me a number I could call that would help… keep in mind this is after I had told me the TA wasn’t responding. The number they gave me? The TA.  Yeah, go RCL!

Attached is what I see when I log in, so definitely no information there. So, if the sailing disappears on March 18, I can assume it wasn’t paid for?

Royal Caribbean.jpeg.png

You said earlier that you dawcthe charge on the credit card.  It's paid.  

If you are linked with another party, you can sometimes see the GTY room assignment if you (mock or real) book specialty dining on the app. I discovered my parents' room number this way, 5 months before our cruise. 

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Confirmations being sent from Royal Caribbean was backed up for hours earlier this week.

9 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

If you are linked with another party, you can sometimes see the GTY room assignment if you (mock or real) book specialty dining on the app. I discovered my parents' room number this way, 5 months before our cruise. 

ooo interesting. Even though I'll stress about it, I figure even the worst balcony cabin is better than an interior, right? That's what I was going to book originally.