Another TA question

Sorry if this is redundant, but I have never used a TA before and I am stressing. When I paid the deposit, I received an email from RCL with the booking confirmation (showing the deposit paid). I recently made the final payment, am I wrong to have expected another email from RCL showing $0 balance?

I'll admit, I'm a control freak, so using a TA is stressful, but the price couldn't be beat. I received the booking confirmation almost immediately after paying the deposit. Is it normal for there to be a delay on final payment? I see the charge by RCL on my credit card.

Also, since I booked a guarantee, any idea of the EARLIEST I could find out my cabin? I did a guaranty once before, and found out the day before sailing, so I know it's a big window.

With one exception, we've always used a TA for our cruises and the confirmations (initial booking and deposit, subsequent payment confirmation and final payment confirmation) always came directly from the TA, not the cruise line. That's our experience.

I cannot answer the guarantee question as we've not done that in over 20 years.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Even though you used a TA, you can still login to your Royal account and see if it looks like this:IMG_1874.thumb.jpeg.e6576a4a9090f6a68432ef2413a44929.jpeg

Doesn't have that information at all. I've got Check-in unavailable and View more details (it just shows guarantee).

I've read horror stories of TA's not making final payment. So of course, I'm assuming that will happen, even though the actual final payment charge was made by RCL.

7 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Doesn't have that information at all. I've got Check-in unavailable and View more details (it just shows guarantee).

I've read horror stories of TA's not making final payment. So of course, I'm assuming that will happen, even though the actual final payment charge was made by RCL.

I think communications are routed through the TA who “owns” your reservation.  Assuming it has been long enough for that payment to have cleared and since you are clearly concerned, you could call C&A and politely ask them to check the reservation.  They should be able to see if it is paid in full and verify if other requests have been entered (dining requests, bed position, special occasions, whatever)

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Contact, travel agent and ask them to send you a copy of Royals invoice. Problem solved.

Did request a copy, so far haven't received. So, no, problem not solved, yet.

Posted (edited)

I just checked my Cruise Planner a few minutes ago for a cruise I'm taking this Sunday.  It was booked with a TA, and Tlbecker1 is correct above.  Even with a TA, the "You don't have a balance due" statement still shows for my cruise.  That is verification the balance was paid.

However, even though you know you're paid in full, I would not use that TA again who is sloppy with the financial documentation.  

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

When we use a TA, they provide not only a copy of their agency invoice but a copy of the cruise line invoice as well.  This is updated from both real time with any transaction made and come as two attachments with the same email.  (There have been times when it wasn't necessary for my records to have the agency copy and, when requested as such, the agency would just send the cruise line copy as that is the only one that ultimately matters).

The benefits are obvious for two reasons:  first, it confirms all aspects of the booking and provides a cruise line booking confirmation number, and second, confirms that all financial transactions were processed by the agency to the cruise line and that they received it.

If you are not receiving a cruise line copy in the above manner, then I would call the agency and demand it, and failing that, call the cruise line to explain your concerns and have them confirm receipt of payment.  I realize the TA "owns" you booking, but in an instance such as that the cruise line can confirm payment.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pcur said:

I just checked my Cruise Planner a few minutes ago for a cruise I'm taking this Sunday.  It was booked with a TA, and Tlbecker1 is correct above.  Even with a TA, the "You don't have a balance due" statement still shows for my cruise.  That is verification the balance was paid.

However, even though you know you're paid in full, I would not use that TA again who is sloppy with the financial documentation.  

Not sure if this makes me feel better or worse. I definitely don't see any information about balance due.  The reservation is there, and I have dealt with C&A about our benefits.

Since the final payment isn't due until the 18th, I will give the agent another day before I go to RCL.

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

When we use a TA, they provide not only a copy of their agency invoice but a copy of the cruise line invoice as well.  This is updated from both real time with any transaction made and come as two attachments with the same email.  (There have been times when it wasn't necessary for my records to have the agency copy and, when requested as such, the agency would just send the cruise line copy as that is the only one that ultimately matters).

Yeah, we received the RCL copy for the deposit, but it came directly from RCL. That's why I was surprised that I haven't seen anything yet on the balance payment.

1 hour ago, Candleonwater said:

Yeah, we received the RCL copy for the deposit, but it came directly from RCL. That's why I was surprised that I haven't seen anything yet on the balance payment.

Stay on top of your TA.  I can see an over the weekend delay because a lot of TA's don't respond then.  But certainly by tomorrow you should have something from them. Hopefully it is a live person with a brick and mortar agency and not just an on line entity so you have someone to talk with. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Even though you used a TA, you can still login to your Royal account and see if it looks like this:IMG_1874.thumb.jpeg.e6576a4a9090f6a68432ef2413a44929.jpeg

5 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

Doesn't have that information at all. I've got Check-in unavailable and View more details

4 hours ago, pcur said:

Booked an upcoming cruises with a TA.  Final Payment paid.  I don't have Pay Balance Due "You don't have a balance due" line item.  Rec'd zero balance due TA and RCI invoices.

6 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

Did request a copy, so far haven't received. So, no, problem not solved, yet.

Sucks you have a crappy TA...  Mine would have had mine to me within minutes of payment being processed.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

I have never heard of Royal sending a guest a copy of the invoice after payments have been made.  I am also a TA.  It is the TA's responsibility to send the guest the invoices

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Sucks you have a crappy TA...  Mine would have had mine to me within minutes of payment being processed.  

Except today when Royals system is so screwed up that its taking them 4-6 hours to get invoices out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have never heard of Royal sending a guest a copy of the invoice after payments have been made.  I am also a TA.  It is the TA's responsibility to send the guest the invoices

Interesting, not even for the deposit? Because I definitely got that. Since I did receive that, can you understand my confusion? I did receive a zero balance invoice from the TA, and the charge on my credit card reads "Royal Caribbean Cruises"

1 hour ago, Candleonwater said:

Interesting, not even for the deposit? Because I definitely got that. Since I did receive that, can you understand my confusion? I did receive a zero balance invoice from the TA, and the charge on my credit card reads "Royal Caribbean Cruises"

No, not even thr deposit.

Since you see the charge it looks like it has been paid. 

On 3/5/2024 at 8:49 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

No, not even thr deposit.

Since you see the charge it looks like it has been paid. 

TA responded and sent a screenshot from her system (cruising power.com) showing it's paid.  She had the same question I saw here, "don't you see $0 balance due" in your RCL account. So I do find it strange that I see no numbers when I'm logged in. Go figure. So, I guess it's on to watching for stateroom assignment 🙂

There is a spot to "make a payment" on the main Royal website, down at the bottom in the right hand column (small print). If you click there, do you see anything? I get a message that I can't do anything because my reservation is held by my TA so info needs to come through her. But if Royal is treating this as a direct reservation, which seems strange to me, then you might check that spot to see what it tells you?

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

There is a spot to "make a payment" on the main Royal website, down at the bottom in the right hand column (small print). 

That doesn't work if you are booked through a TA only if you book direct.  My TA sends invoices almost immediately.  I find it odd that the OP's TA is sending a screen shot of cruising power.

2 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

TA responded and sent a screenshot from her system (cruising power.com) showing it's paid.  She had the same question I saw here, "don't you see $0 balance due" in your RCL account. So I do find it strange that I see no numbers when I'm logged in. Go figure. So, I guess it's on to watching for stateroom assignment 🙂

I find your TA's "don't you see $0 balance due" to be a really weird statement and sending you a screen shot of their screen even weirder. Nowhere in your account are you able to see the amount owing when your booking is through a TA.  Your TA should know this.

As an example from my own experience... 

I booked a cruise with my TA yesterday. At 3:14 pm yesterday I emailed him and told him to book us Anthem of the Seas for August 2025.

At 3:21 pm he replied he had booked but needed to call in to get my C&A discount applied. He sent an email attached PDF with Royals invoice that showed the price prior to my balcony discount being applied. .

At 6:15 pm he emailed again with my deposited invoice showing the deposit paid and the price he had quoted outstanding minus the deposit paid.  

I don't know what your TA isn't doing exactly that is supposed to generate an invoice but it seems near automatic from my experience.

image.thumb.png.c06f00ed2740b2441641f55b8568b1c6.png

On 3/4/2024 at 11:44 AM, Candleonwater said:

Also, since I booked a guarantee, any idea of the EARLIEST I could find out my cabin? I did a guaranty once before, and found out the day before sailing, so I know it's a big window.

Once you receive your set sail pass, you save to your Apple Wallet. You open it and it will show your deck number, and also your cabin number. The cabin number is the last 4 digits on the barcode. It has worked for me each time. I've heard it's not 100% but I'd say it's close.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That doesn't work if you are booked through a TA only if you book direct.  

Yes:

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

If you click there, do you see anything? I get a message that I can't do anything because my reservation is held by my TA so info needs to come through her.

I thought it might give OP more information about who is "holding" her reservation - the TA or Royal. If OP is able to see information there, something is messed up with the TA.

Edited by jbrinkm
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 6:52 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Always get a confirmation.  If I have a ta, it goes through them.  I always follow up to make sure I get it within a day or two.  If I'm dealing directly with Royal I don’t get off the phone until I get the email. 

• Like 1