Where’s Rover?

Well I was thinking if anyone else was on the sailing reading this but yes roll call would have been better. I was also prompting for people to jump in with they rover encounter stories

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I hope they learnt and took her off the ship for a better dog life!

She seems so happy! Tons of daily physical activity and people to play with. Being alone st home while parents work 8-5 doesn’t seem much better? This is likely a very debatable subject but I find it cool for her to be on ship 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

She's about 8 months - maybe getting her "lady surgery"? 

Well, moot now that they've seen her, but I have seen pics of her off of the ship (maybe just at Coco Cay though, which wouldn't have stray dogs, now that I think more about it...)

Just now, alpineapa said:

She seems so happy! Tons of daily physical activity and people to play with. Being alone st home while parents work 8-5 doesn’t seem much better? This is likely a very debatable subject but I find it cool for her to be on ship 

Yes, dogs can be happy in a variety of living situations. We raise Seeing Eye puppies and have seen young dogs raised in many different types of housing, all very joyful and well adjusted. 

• Like 2

At Cheers With an Officer Lunch, one of the officers told us that Rover has permission to go ashore at Miami and also CocoCay. He said Rover loves running up and down the beach at CocoCay!

• Like 3

I volunteer (dog walker) at a my local Humane Society.  There are definitely far worse places for a dog to live than on a ship where everyone loves and gives positive attention to him/her.  Just saying...

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Didn’t she go into training ?    She’s going to service dog training.  That will be her actual job. 

service dog for whom?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

nothing but speculation and I'm pretty sure I've read Rover is not a service dog and not a working (sniffing out contraband) dog.

Where’s your story from.  Link?   

3 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

This dog has the life! She's got both mental and social stimulation, privacy as needed, a devoted human owner, etc etc. I think it's great.

Privacy in an inside crew cabin? A devoted owner that is a temporary crew member and will change from time to time? Have you ever had a puppy or small dog and taken care of his socialization?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Privacy in an inside crew cabin? A devoted owner that is a temporary crew member and will change from time to time? Have you ever had a puppy or small dog and taken care of his socialization?

The dog has a bigger cabin than some staff members, is out and about walking a lot of the day, gets runs on the beach regularly, and tons of social interaction. That's more than most dogs living in a city row home get. 

11 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Where’s your story from.  Link?   

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2024/01/12/royal-caribbean-icon-cruise-ship-first-look?fbclid=IwAR3NVijlwP-a1lBWoqkfcjJIVsEtpBiFkAoO5ih0PdblST0izosa_qjZthE

"In case you're wondering, no, Rover serves no other function.  She's not a drug sniffing dog and she's not a service animal either.  So Rover isn't allowed in the restaurants."

• Like 1