Requesting information on the "Shuttles to Town"

Reviewing the excursions for our upcoming Japan cruise, I decided I need to look into the Shuttles that Regent has for each port.

Has anyone who has been on a cruise around Japan used any of these shuttles?  Is there something that will tell you what the frequency is, where it leaves you in town.

We have only used a provided shuttle once, many years ago in Israel and the frequency wasn't very often.

I have not specifically used shuttles in Japan, but we make use of Regent shuttles extensively all over the world since we don’t like excursions. There is no one size fits all answer since it depends on the distance from port to town. Usually they try to get you into the center of town, but also often to some shopping mall. Shuttles run about every half hour or so unless it is a really long ride, sometimes there is a lunch break. Schedules will be available from Destination Services the night before.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We took one shuttle into Naha (Okinawa) - dropped us and picked up in the central shopping district (same stop) - there was a timetable, first come first served and the Japanese people organising it were very efficient. Fine for some retail therapy. Everything else we took a Regent excusrsion.

Edited by Techno123

We were on Explorer in Japan November 23 and used the provided shuttle while in Kyoto. They ran on a 30 minute schedule which was available at excursion desk.

It worked well.

I'll just add....we were on Explorer and used the shuttle to town in Ishigaki.  Very easy and efficient.  Dropped us at the ferry terminal in downtown with easy walkability to shopping, etc.  We went in the morning as we had an afternoon tour and it worked out very well.  You can get a schedule at Destination Services for the shuttle before you leave the ship. 

• Like 1