Venezia out of NYC - Empty Water Bottles

4 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I always grab the nice ones by the 'Pour Your Own Beer' station on Lido to use in the bathroom.  They are still plastic, but much better for holding the toothbrush & toothpaste then the short water glasses from the Lido or the little glass ones that were supplied in the bathroom.

I use them (while they last) for Lido Arnold Palmers, etc. Much better looking than the dumpy standard plastic cups and hold a lot more.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2024 at 2:06 PM, BlerkOne said:

Looking through some of my Venezia pictures, we had glass on the Inaugural Transatlantic. Maybe they have been coming back for a while (May 23 at least)

P1000117_DxO.jpg

We had those in the bathroom, and two sturdy stemmed glasses on the tray with the water bottles—Venezia April 26, balcony cabin.

On 5/16/2024 at 2:06 PM, BlerkOne said:

Looking through some of my Venezia pictures, we had glass on the Inaugural Transatlantic. Maybe they have been coming back for a while (May 23 at least)

P1000117_DxO.jpg

Just off her today and had them in the bathroom.

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Did they ever get ice buckets on Venezia? I have to think so.

Been on her twice, Sept and the last 12 days.

Ice Bucket on both.

Call to room service late in the afternoon- early evening for a bag of ice to freshen the bucket.

Also had Carnival Binoculars left in the room from the previous cruiser.

Walked by the room supplies and saw a few fans in there, (I bring my own.)

This was 6 Aft.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One observation.  I was a woman on the cruise with an empty 48 ounce bottle from the large waters at the bar and for sale in the cabin.  She was trying to fill the bottle with ice from the ice machine.  She gave up on that and tried to transfer ice from a cup into the bottle.

To quote one of the onboard comics.  "You don't have to look for the jokes."

• Haha 2

On 5/15/2024 at 10:08 PM, ladysail2 said:

On April 20, I tried to bring an empty ‘stubby’ water bottle on Carnival Paradise. The security person threw it right in the garbage. I said it was empty and I wanted to keep it. (It was the right size to fit in my purse). She said ‘ no plastic on Carnival’.  Got to my cabin..and what’s waiting for me…my order of water in 12 plastic bottles. There were no signs saying that one cannot bring an empty plastic bottle on the ship. It was my property, not her’s.  What a jerk! I’ll put it in my checked bag next time. 

The security person absolutely misunderstood the rule. Plastic itself isn't the problem. It's that it is much easier to smuggle liquor in plastic bottles vs cans.

15 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

The security person absolutely misunderstood the rule. Plastic itself isn't the problem. It's that it is much easier to smuggle liquor in plastic bottles vs cans.

The one bottle was completely empty…and the other bottle wasn’t even open yet. And she didn’t throw that one out, she put it in a cooler.  She could see that there was no alcohol anywhere. If I wanted..I could empty a water bottle in my room, take it ashore and fill it up with alcohol if I wanted.  Her actions were not warranted IMO. There are no signs forbidding plastic bottles in the security area either.  Next time I’ll put my water bottles in my checked bag.  Just for a laugh..what would they do if wine came in plastic bottles?? 

1 hour ago, ladysail2 said:

The one bottle was completely empty…and the other bottle wasn’t even open yet. And she didn’t throw that one out, she put it in a cooler.  She could see that there was no alcohol anywhere. If I wanted..I could empty a water bottle in my room, take it ashore and fill it up with alcohol if I wanted.  Her actions were not warranted IMO. There are no signs forbidding plastic bottles in the security area either.  Next time I’ll put my water bottles in my checked bag.  Just for a laugh..what would they do if wine came in plastic bottles?? 

Chances are fair that your luggage would be sent to the "naughty room" and you'd have to go there to retrieve it (if they had liquid in them, if they are empty you'd be ok). Again, this isn't something because of plastic but because all beverages (except wine) need to be in cans (AFAIK wine in a plastic bottle would be accepted). 

Edited by sparks1093

4 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Chances are fair that your luggage would be sent to the "naughty room" and you'd have to go there to retrieve it (if they had liquid in them, if they are empty you'd be ok). Again, this isn't something because of plastic but because all beverages (except wine) need to be in cans (AFAIK wine in a plastic bottle would be accepted). 

I had wanted to keep the stubby, empty, water bottle because it fit into my purse nicely for going on shore.  Lesson learned…put it in the checked bag, empty. 😊

• Like 1