Puerto Vallarta shore excursions

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Viator or off the ship, usually cheaper than on the ship, BUT, if you don't get back on time, the ship won't wait!

Is that where you were stuck? That was a great trip report! Very informative for new cruisers. 😊 You should post a link! 

Edited by Coralc

52 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Is that where you were stuck? That was a great trip report! Very informative for new cruisers. 😊 You should post a link! 

Lol, mine was the 'Trauma from the Bahamas' cruise 😉

Thank you, it's posted all over or linked.

• Like 1

This may not be what you are looking for, but we loved our resort pass at Secrets in PV.  We plan doing the same in October with Secrets sister resort Dreams (since our kids will be with us).  I have our experience linked in my signature (2023 Carnival Panorama) if you are interested.  I know, another cruise line, but they will take passages from any ship.  The taxi ride was simple, check in was easy and the resort was definitely something we would do again.  Happy sailing!

• Like 1

I think the best answer to the OP's question is that it depends on what you want to do with your port day.  We have lived in PV for the past 18 winters (along with 10s of thousands of other Americans/Canadians) and do quite well without tours :).  Some excursions, here, are quite good (such as the ones to Las Caletas) and others are a rip-off.  Consider that if you just want to come into town (3 miles from the cruise port) a local bus costs about 60 cents and a regular taxi (caught outside the port area) probably costs about $8 (which you can split among everyone in the taxi).  The taxis inside the port do cost a little more, but are still less then $10.  Once in town, you can walk around just like thousands of other folks (it is very safe), go shopping, eat, etc.

Hank