Cruise First vs Cruise Next

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

DoubleUp for a balcony or above has been pretty consistent, at least since the restart. DoubleUp for any cabin has been fairly frequent lately but only runs for a couple of weeks at a time, then new terms are applied. So usually no wait, if booking balcony or above.

Does he Double Up promo, when it comes up, apply across all NCL cruises? Or do they cherry pick specific cruises that allow use of two CN's.  If it's the former, I'll get two on my upcoming cruise. If only for specific cruises, then only one

Thx

38 minutes ago, Miss Ellsworth said:

Does he Double Up promo, when it comes up, apply across all NCL cruises? Or do they cherry pick specific cruises that allow use of two CN's.  If it's the former, I'll get two on my upcoming cruise. If only for specific cruises, then only one

Thx

I have never seen a double-up restriction for cruises - terms have always applied to any cruise, 4 months or more in advance as far as I know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cruise first you can use towards the payment of the cruise. For instance, you buy 250 and they give you 500 dollars and you apply it to the payment. Cruise next you buy onboard and you use it as a deposit for a future cruise. We asked our PCC and she told us that when you buy cruise first but your cruise goes down in price substantially before the final payment you can't request the lower price. We don't buy cruise first.

1 hour ago, spanishguy1970 said:

cruise first you can use towards the payment of the cruise. For instance, you buy 250 and they give you 500 dollars and you apply it to the payment. Cruise next you buy onboard and you use it as a deposit for a future cruise. We asked our PCC and she told us that when you buy cruise first but your cruise goes down in price substantially before the final payment you can't request the lower price. We don't buy cruise first.

They are both used as a deposit for a future cruise.  At the end of the day, you'd get the same benefit with both.  I just wanted to point out that your TA is wrong about not being able to request a lower price.  You absolutely can request the lower price.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:51 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

The names explain it all.  Cruise FIRST  is for your FIRST crusie.  Cuise NEXT is for subsequent cruises.

Cruise next is for a next (or future, not necessarily the very next) cruise as you purchase it while onboard and you cannot use it immediately.

Cruise First - well, does not have to be one's actual First cruise, now does it? Also, it does not have to be your very next cruise as you may be taking a cruise within the next 120 days of the purchase, making the CF not usable until at least the SECOND next cruise.

Just sayin'.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...