Oasis of the Seas Live, March 10th - 17th. Ain't no better place, ain't no better time than here and now.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I will keep you in mind during the week. If I don’t hit it on the last day remind me after my final thoughts and I will give you my honest feed back. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Sounds like you had a great first day on Oasis! I was wondering about those delicious dried cranberries though. Aren’t they cousins to your favorites, raisins? Didn’t sound like something like I’d expect you to be saying. 🤔😂

I’m glad you not only saw the rainbow 🌈 but also caught it in your video. 🥰 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Flow riding is done. Justin from down the hall joined Owen and I and we had a blast. The water was heated perfectly but even in Nassau you can have a wind chill.

A quick breakfast was had after at the Costal Kitchen. Sunscreen has been applied and Lisa and I are hanging at the Suite sun deck. Owen is off with his friends. 

IMG_4174.thumb.jpeg.6da906ee4bedf5f90e99102a40406137.jpeg

IMG_4175.thumb.jpeg.fb49ff82fd021d9c44ef8ae73fe926d6.jpeg

• Like 17

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This sound be enough to stop @Sea Dog heart. Suction cup activated. 

IMG_4177.thumb.jpeg.1f5600b7dc3d1980235b4db0cfd35ac6.jpeg

To quote Marlin Brando in Apocalypse Now. “The horror….the horror.” Don’t think I’m brave enough now to ever use a suction cup mount again.

For those who don’t remember. Epic fail.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, perfect match said:

Sounds like you had a great first day on Oasis!

It certainly was. 

I was wondering about those delicious dried cranberries though. Aren’t they cousins to your favorites, raisins? Didn’t sound like something like I’d expect you to be saying. 🤔😂

Easy now, one is far superior to the other.  The difference between the two is simple, even though as you note, they can be considered cousins.  

Cranberries are associated with great things like Thanksgiving. They go with turkey as a complementary side dish to a celebrated holiday.  The pilgrims didn’t go wrong.

On the other hand pilgrims crossing the ocean accepted scurvy over raisins. Raisins are complimentary to things like oatmeal and carrot salad, things on a cold winter morning or a consumed at a family reunion. That’s where raisins belong, they are the kissing cousins of the dried fruit world. In some locations it’s acceptable but not in my house.

I’m glad you not only saw the rainbow 🌈 but also caught it in your video. 🥰 

We were too. ❤️

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 7
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Good morning Nassau. 

IMG_4166.thumb.jpeg.d77cf53e3a0dc34a795ff651aba27b49.jpeg

Ugh. Freeport today, Nassau tomorrow. After lunch, want don’t we swim and meet halfway? Bring leftovers too. And make sure they don’t get wet. 

Edited by Yorkvillain
My photo attaching skills are rusty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Glad to see & hear that you guys are having a great time.

Question.... Is it me, or did anyone else notice in the Schooner Bar video, (actually, I believe it was in the Pub), that between the 0:08 & 0:15 second mark, that even though the musicians hand was off the guitar, the chords for the song were still playing?🤔🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Question.... Is it me, or did anyone else notice in the Schooner Bar video, (actually, I believe it was in the Pub), that between the 0:08 & 0:15 second mark, that even though the musicians hand was off the guitar, the chords for the song were still playing?🤔🤔

Had to go back to look again and, by golly, you're right! At least his voice isn't recorded.😉

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

I am so far from musically inclined it’s ridiculous but I I have noticed this before with other pub musicians.  From what I could gather it looks like they record a certain part and can switch it on and off with the foot pedal to get different effects and play overtop of what  they recorded in the beginning to get the sound of multiple guitars.  This is just a total guess from watching with zero musical talent 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

36 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I am so far from musically inclined it’s ridiculous but I I have noticed this before with other pub musicians.  From what I could gather it looks like they record a certain part and can switch it on and off with the foot pedal to get different effects and play overtop of what  they recorded in the beginning to get the sound of multiple guitars.  This is just a total guess from watching with zero musical talent 😂

The bold above is exactly the answer. He sampled some of his own playing and used it as a layer. They can’t get anything past you all here. 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Ugh. Freeport today, Nassau tomorrow. After lunch, want don’t we swim and meet halfway? Bring leftovers too. And make sure they don’t get wet. 

How about we meet at CoCo Cay. See you on the pier at 8am tomorrow.

• Like 1

Lunch at Goldie’s was darn good. They had lots of inside AC seating or at the back covered deck with windows that open. 

IMG_4189.thumb.jpeg.7ef571b8455d7e6b8b120279b7292d8d.jpeg

IMG_4186.thumb.jpeg.4f09c12dbbfaa29fa89545cdc63f8a76.jpeg

IMG_4187.thumb.jpeg.1c3d385c51efa8a0687edde2bba13cd6.jpeg

The conch are processed right at the restaurant. 

IMG_4194.thumb.jpeg.79614439d78216bcf28e2076d0669a3c.jpeg

There were even live ones among the old shells. 

• Like 13

Shane was able to take some time off and joined us for lunch. It was a great time and the food was delicious.  If I had to pick between Goldie’s and Oh Andros it would be a tough choice.

IMG_4184.thumb.jpeg.70f7fd8ae79dd52e94e3d1e0e1b8b09d.jpeg

He and I each got the conch, shrimp and fish with rice and beans, slaw and potato salad. 

IMG_4190.thumb.jpeg.398b0d6604b9a7c186eed1bf6843f4e6.jpeg

Lisa got the pork chops which were cooked great. 

IMG_4193.thumb.jpeg.c6063706bf5356ee4a4bf06a33edc1f5.jpeg

Owen had land lovers burger and some of my shrimp. 

IMG_4192.thumb.jpeg.f0ac10790253f7940307bb34d0da25a7.jpeg

• Like 19

Just chilling in the balcony taking in the action. 

IMG_4205.thumb.jpeg.a197cfbd4190d82eea5027b9592f14d5.jpeg

That house still needs fixing. 

IMG_4203.thumb.jpeg.948abc79ffeaa4152bc3855f2f32e3ff.jpeg

Those that know, know. No whistle today. 

IMG_4202.thumb.jpeg.4314e3cd4aa2a8be6c426c69bed05add.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 3