Are documents needed to embark?

I’m a week and a half from sailing, and have not received any cruise documents of any type.

I searched the website (my wind Star) for documents to print…..yet found nothing. 
I figure I’ll print my email confirmation information, but wondered if anyone has actually received hard copy documents from WS to bring to the embarkation port?

Thanks for any info and or guidance.

Tom

You should have gotten a bon voyage email 6-8 weeks before the cruise which is your documentation. But I have never had to show it to anyone other than some ports where they need proof you are getting on the ship in order to let your driver into the pier area.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We always take our Windstar emails indicating how much onboard credit we have, etc.  Then if there is any question about this (which only happened once with a brand new employee), we have confirmation.  Otherwise we have never needed to show any cruise documents.

Edited by MargotH24
  • Like 1

The Bon Voyage email has a subject like:

Fwd: Bon Voyage! Here are your travel documents for your upcoming Windstar Cruises trip, Booking <booking number>

It has a pdf of the boarding document titled GTB Ticket.pdf

You could search your email for it. You don't need it to board, but info in it can be convenient to have because it has the departure terminal in case you are sailing from a city with multiple cruise terminals.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

The Bon Voyage email has a subject like:

Fwd: Bon Voyage! Here are your travel documents for your upcoming Windstar Cruises trip, Booking <booking number>

It has a pdf of the boarding document titled GTB Ticket.pdf

You could search your email for it. You don't need it to board, but info in it can be convenient to have because it has the departure terminal in case you are sailing from a city with multiple cruise terminals.

I’ve only sailed WS once ……so far….Legend,  Istanbul to Athens last October but I did not get that email.  When I asked my WS vacation planner about boarding docs he said just show up with your passport, they are expecting you. And that was exactly what happened. It was a bit weird to not have luggage tags or a boarding pass. A guy with a clipboard checked off our names on a paper list of all things,  took our bags and within a few minutes we went thru a security scanner and on board. They  ushered us to the aft lounge where we were handed a glass of bubbly and one of the band members checked us in. 

I loved this check in. So much more civilized.  I did bring my documents that showed our OBC, excursions, laundry package  and other perks but never had to use it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

all is well. I called WS to ask about documents and was instructed to print out the welcome aboard email and all its attachments. I explained that I never received that email….she looked into the problem and stated that they did not have my phone number so the email was never sent. So she sent the welcome aboard correspondence and I printed it out.

I further asked if I was fully checked in with all personal info….she said yes. I asked including my phone number….she said yes.

so next week at this time I will be on the Wind Spirit…..having a cocktail with an umbrella in it. Umbrella’s protect your beverage from a stray shower, or low flying seagulls 🤗

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good news!  Although I don't seen why a missing phone number prevented sending an email.  Unless the computer won't send until the customer info is complete?