Seashore Yacht Club Pool Deck Cabanas

mushroom

I've tried to answer my own question with You Tube videos but can't.  SO...I'll try here.  We have reserved a Royal Suite on Seashore and definitely plan to take advantage of the pool deck cabana that comes with this cabin.  On Meraviglia, the cabana was nicely stocked with cold drinks daily by our butler. However, when I look at videos of the cabanas on Seashore I do not see any kind of cooler for refreshments.  If Seashore does not have them then I shall plan to pack a foldable cooler.  However, if someone who has been there can tell me otherwise, I'll just save the space in my suitcase for more shoes.  Thanks for your help.

59 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I've tried to answer my own question with You Tube videos but can't.  SO...I'll try here.  We have reserved a Royal Suite on Seashore and definitely plan to take advantage of the pool deck cabana that comes with this cabin.  On Meraviglia, the cabana was nicely stocked with cold drinks daily by our butler. However, when I look at videos of the cabanas on Seashore I do not see any kind of cooler for refreshments.  If Seashore does not have them then I shall plan to pack a foldable cooler.  However, if someone who has been there can tell me otherwise, I'll just save the space in my suitcase for more shoes.  Thanks for your help.

Here is our pergola on Seashore. There was no cooler like on the Seaside. BUT we are sure should one desire a cooler set up with favorite libations one just has a tete-a-tete with one's personal butler.

IMG_1535.jpeg

Once you select the cabana of your choice, tell your butler what you would like there. If you want a cooler with a bottle of prosecco and a few bottles of Acqua Panna, it will be there.

With the Seaside EVO ships having more cabanas and being first come/first serve, MSC doesn't have them set-up like the 3 cabanas on Meraviglia.

We sailed in December and found the cabanas almost useless. They do not provide shade or privacy. They have slats on the top and flimsy small curtains on the sides. We much preferred the cabanas on seaside or Seaview. But we liked the outdoor furniture much better on Seaside with a nice selection of seating options. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ptuder said:

They have slats on the top and flimsy small curtains on the sides.

'Where there is a will, there is a way'.  I tipped a pool attendant $20 to weave towels both roof and sides. Then because of the breezes I took my shoe laces and tied down the curtain corners.

towel.jpeg

IMG_2605.jpeg

roof.jpeg

Edited by morpheusofthesea

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The Seashore pergolas do not have a roof (I learned the towel trick from MOTS 🙂) but the Seascape pergolas have a plastic roof.

As we speak, the curtains are being replaced on Seascape this week. Photo number 1 is the cream colored curtains. Photo number 2 is the new grey curtains, which I have been told are heavier and block the sun better. (Have friends that just sent me these photos).

0-1.jpg

0.jpg

I'm taking my mom for her 90th birthday and have booked a Royal Suite on Seashore.  Can anyone tell me if I can request a cabana close to the ladies' room?  My mom is on a diuretic and uses the bathroom a lot.  Hopefully there is no smoking in the area of the ladies' room.  Any advice appreciated

1 hour ago, BDL said:

Can anyone tell me if I can request a cabana close to the ladies' room?

You can request any one that isn't already taken. I'm trying to remember where the restrooms are but to avoid smoke, I recommend the port side over the starboard side. You butler will find the best one for your needs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

You can request any one that isn't already taken. I'm trying to remember where the restrooms are but to avoid smoke, I recommend the port side over the starboard side. You butler will find the best one for your needs. 

If I’m recalling correctly, the women’s room is on the starboard side.  There are two pergolas on that side outside of smoking.  One of them probably 15’ from the restroom.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, UWGRAD1 said:

If I’m recalling correctly, the women’s room is on the starboard side.  There are two pergolas on that side outside of smoking.  One of them probably 15’ from the restroom.

You're right. I found a video...

The men's room is port side...

The ladies' room is starboard side. 

MSCDec-16523-1650311321.webp

Edited by Two Wheels Only