Easter services on board

Good morning, we will be aboard the Reflection in a few short weeks and Easter Sunday falls on a sea day.  I know there are services scheduled aboard regularly, but wanted to ask if anyone had an idea of what would be different (different venue etc) for Easter Sunday services?

Posted (edited)

The service will be conducted by the religious person on board.  Have had ministers, rabbis, priests, an imam and lay people from other churches.  Very non denominational 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

I didn't see a priest on our only two Celebrity cruises. I have seen a priest on HAL, NCL, and Royal. Sabbath services are self led. Protestants have to find their own leaders. We held a church service on board a few years ago. On a transatlantic.

Just now, Markanddonna said:

I didn't see a priest on our only two Celebrity cruises. I have seen a priest on HAL, NCL, and Royal. Sabbath services are self led. Protestants have to find their own leaders. We held a church service on board a few years ago. On a transatlantic.

Was that over Easter?

Just now, cruisestitch said:

Was that over Easter?

No, but it seems most cruise lines don't concern themselves with religious services. They may bring on a priest. I would call and ask but doubt they will you 

If you are Protestant and capable of conducting a service, contact the CD as soon as you get onboard. We have had music crew play the piano, sing, and one even gave a Sunday message! We have been part of a Bible study that met onboard on sea days. 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, markeb said:

That looks fun, but not exactly an ecumenical Easter service...

LOL -   Ya mean that's not a Cleric?

I've been on cruises with both a Catholic Easter Services as well as cruises that had Passover services.  I don't believe Celebrity now give clerics comp  rooms as they once did.   Not sure who performed the services they had on the ships I've been on.

Edited by Jim_Iain

43 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL -   Ya mean that's not a Cleric?

I've been on cruises with both a Catholic Easter Services as well as cruises that had Passover services.  I don't believe Celebrity now give clerics comp  rooms as they once did.   Not sure who performed the services they had on the ships I've been on.

😁

I don't know about Celebrity. We used to cruise over spring break when DW taught and the whole East Coast took the week before Easter as Spring Break. There were always services of some sort, but I have no idea who performed them. We should have gone, but we didn't, and usually the Spring Break cruises ended before Easter.