"Back Home" Laundry Bag

I feel like I asked this question and got answers a couple months ago, but I can't find the posts. 

Instead of three separate laundry bag services, I purchased the "Back Home" Laundry bag.  The description says it is three bags of laundry and is significantly less, even with the current discounts, than buying three individual bags for my 13 night cruise next month. 

My assumption is that I can do one bag, three different times during the cruise (and this is what I need, so that I can pack less). 

But someone just posted that they bought the 12-piece dry cleaning special and it was one-time, 12 pieces, not 12 individual times. 

Has anyone actually bought the Back Home Laundry Bag?  Was it three times over the length of the cruise, or 1 time, three bags (thus perhaps meaning right before you disembark and go "back home"??)

I have that for an upcoming cruise.  From the descriptions on CC I read, it had to be used all at once.  My plan is using it half way through, if that is the case and will be bringing home the dirty laundry at the end.  

According to my experience you have 3 bags of laundry that can be sent in as needed.  Just not the last 2 days of your cruise.  They do not need to be used at the same time. 

Cannot imagine most cruisers would have enough dirty clothing to fill 3 bags unless traveling with kids.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

According to my experience you have 3 bags of laundry that can be sent in as needed.  Just not the last 2 days of your cruise.  They do not need to be used at the same time. 

Cannot imagine most cruisers would have enough dirty clothing to fill 3 bags unless traveling with kids.

Thanks - so you have actually done this?

1 hour ago, tschwa2 said:

I have that for an upcoming cruise.  From the descriptions on CC I read, it had to be used all at once.  My plan is using it half way through, if that is the case and will be bringing home the dirty laundry at the end.  

Thanks for the reply.  Can you point me to those descriptions on CC - maybe people who have done this?  The description on X, to me, makes me think I can do three different bags.  The difference to me is packing enough clothes for every 5 days or 8 days, which is obviously a big difference.  

FROM X:

Allow our stateroom attendants to attend to your laundry while you enjoy your vacation. Fill up to three bags of laundry during your cruise, leave it in your room, and our attendants will wash, fold, and return your clothing to your stateroom.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I think it was this one

but it looks like it may have been updated after I made my purchase and someone mentions that they received 3 tickets to use with each bag so they could be used separately.   There is also a discussion about sometimes (rarely) clothes come back with stink.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tschwa2 said:

I think it was this one

but it looks like it may have been updated after I made my purchase and someone mentions that they received 3 tickets to use with each bag so they could be used separately.   There is also a discussion about sometimes (rarely) clothes come back with stink.  

What good would be a deal where you needed to send out 3 pretty large bags at the same time?  About 100 items.

We were told to write free, take home bag on the ticket by our steward.  Am sure that will vary. 

• Like 1

Thank you!  I could not find this threat by searching on "back home" for some reason. 

So customer service says all three at once but at least 2 people posted that you get three tix...so I think I will stick with the back home. Fingers crossed they don't tell me when I get on board that I need to do all three at once!

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

What good would be a deal where you needed to send out 3 pretty large bags at the same time?  About 100 items.

We were told to write free, take home bag on the ticket by our steward.  Am sure that will vary. 

That was my question when we were onboard with the Dry Cleaning package for 12 items.  We thought we could send out 4 items at 3 different times. No way we would have 12 items requiring dry cleaning that we could do without all at 1 time.  It was a 1 time use package we cancelled it.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

That was my question when we were onboard with the Dry Cleaning package for 12 items.  We thought we could send out 4 items at 3 different times. No way we would have 12 items requiring dry cleaning that we could do without all at 1 time.  It was a 1 time use package we cancelled it.

Yes, it was someone who posted about this issue with the dry cleaning (perhaps you?) that made me question whether I was going to be able to split the three bags into three different times or have to do all at once...

31 minutes ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Yes, it was someone who posted about this issue with the dry cleaning (perhaps you?) that made me question whether I was going to be able to split the three bags into three different times or have to do all at once...

Now I understand the confusion.

2 hours ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Yes it was.

• Like 1