Anyone ever stayed in the Haven and purchased Vibe?

On 3/12/2024 at 9:08 AM, TSUmom said:

I believe the Escape actually has access through a door on the deck upper (enclosed) haven lounge/sundeck area.  I may be wrong but I saw the door on a youtube video tour of the Escape Haven.

The Bliss also has this pass through. It's for crew only, technically, but I definitely saw Haven guests using it for access to the bar on both ships. In both cases, the Vibe was empty though (meaning just me or me and like 2 other people.) Strong agree that the Vibe bartenders outperform Haven sundeck attendants.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Totally fake news. Most Haven guest couldn’t be bothered. 

Just wondering what you based that assertion on since you never get Vibe passes. We’ve been in Vibe when over half the patrons were from the Haven. If anyone is faking it’s you.

• Like 3

I have stayed in the Joy Haven and also have had Vibe passes on a different cruise(Getaway). I wouldn’t sail in the Haven again. The Haven sun deck was always full and I never got a seat. The bar service was slow and sometimes non existent. The Vibe however I have always gotten a lounger with great service. Ice water was brought the moment I sat down and some fruit was brought at a later time. The staff knew my name. In the Haven the staff never knew my name or even that I was an Haven guest. And the best part no children. Yes the Vibe doesn’t have a pool  when I sailed the haven pool and hot tub had a bunch of kids in it. 

• Like 3

On 3/11/2024 at 5:23 AM, Laszlo said:

Never did it but I know a couple who did. The only reason they did because they like to drink. And the Vibe has their own bar and the Haven sundeck does not. To me thats not a good enough reason to spend a couple hundred dollars more. I can wait 10 minutes for a drink Lol

Just grab your [NCL provided] phone - call your butler - and have him/her bring you drinks on the Haven sundeck . . . 

2 hours ago, BlushPell said:

I have stayed in the Joy Haven and also have had Vibe passes on a different cruise(Getaway). I wouldn’t sail in the Haven again. The Haven sun deck was always full and I never got a seat. The bar service was slow and sometimes non existent. The Vibe however I have always gotten a lounger with great service. Ice water was brought the moment I sat down and some fruit was brought at a later time. The staff knew my name. In the Haven the staff never knew my name or even that I was an Haven guest. And the best part no children. Yes the Vibe doesn’t have a pool  when I sailed the haven pool and hot tub had a bunch of kids in it. 

Though in Alaska you prob don't want ice water!  Perhaps coffee or hot tea!

1 minute ago, erisajd said:

Just grab your [NCL provided] phone - call your butler - and have him/her bring you drinks on the Haven sundeck . . . 

Not exactly....if the butler were able to provide this service (I kind of think some butlers might dissuade you), you would have to pay full price for any beverage brought to you.

I’ve booked Haven and Vibe on Getaway. Glad I did. Haven sundecks are large and bar service seems to run every hour or so. Too long in the heat for me. There was a one way door from Haven to Vibe. Vibe has a bar and is very social. 

Next cruise I’m doing a suite and Vibe. Saves a lot of money and gets away from the same menus daily. I think this will be a perfect fit for us. 

• Like 3

Yes. On the Breakaway because there is no hot tub on the sun deck. The pools and hot tubs were over by children on each of our cruises. Vibe, in this case, was worth it! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

The pools and hot tubs were over by children on each of our cruises.

Why, oh why, with all of your cruising experience, would you purposely subject yourself to a mass of child humanity? There are other options. Many.other.options.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

Why, oh why, with all of your cruising experience, would you purposely subject yourself to a mass of child humanity? There are other options. Many.other.options.

Like Virgin? It’s happening….😎
Also at the time my girls were under 18 so 🤷‍♀️

Edited by HBCcruiser

17 hours ago, erisajd said:

i know you're just being playful here, at least i think that's the case... but the butler would most likely not bring you a drink on the haven sundeck. that's not his job, anymore than it's his job to bring you a cocktail on the pool deck or in the theatre. he might call the servers on the sun deck and ask them to tend to you, but the butler won't be bringing you a drink. and if he did, as @cruiseny4life points out, there would likely be a charge, as there is for every alcoholic drink the butler brings to your stateroom.

i never even consider buying vibe passes when staying in the haven, but there should be no debate... the service in the vibe is far superior to the service on the haven sun deck. also, a portion of the haven sun deck allows smoking, and that smoke travels... in the vibe there is no smoking... and, as many have mentioned, no kids.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2024 at 6:06 AM, UKstages said:

i know you're just being playful here, at least i think that's the case... but the butler would most likely not bring you a drink on the haven sundeck. that's not his job, anymore than it's his job to bring you a cocktail on the pool deck or in the theatre. he might call the servers on the sun deck and ask them to tend to you, but the butler won't be bringing you a drink. and if he did, as @cruiseny4life points out, there would likely be a charge, as there is for every alcoholic drink the butler brings to your stateroom.

i never even consider buying vibe passes when staying in the haven, but there should be no debate... the service in the vibe is far superior to the service on the haven sun deck. also, a portion of the haven sun deck allows smoking, and that smoke travels... in the vibe there is no smoking... and, as many have mentioned, no kids.

Everything I've read says that yes - your butler will bring you food or drink anywhere in the Haven - and yes - it was tongue in cheek.  But serious because of the reality of it - I tihnk thats a poor use of resources and an abuse of Butler services - and being an entitled little [you know what] - which I don't do when I travel -