Tips to find a good TA?

pmjnh

6 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

I agree. Travel agents are like realtors or car salespeople. They all work from commission, so there motivation is often volume. They will sell you what you want to hear, even lie, just to get your business. The key is a travel agent that wants repeat business.

In the US they may all work on commission, but that is not consistent throughout the World. Our TA works for an agency and is paid an annual base salary.

7 hours ago, dockman said:

But what if that single user recruits his family and friends to post glowing reports to make it sound like they are the best thing going or if they recruit same to vote for them in a poll?  A slippery  slope that CC is wise to nip in the bud.

That is easy to spot when looking at someone's posting history. 

On one of my Roll Calls, someone posted about a wonderful tour they had previously done. A check of their posting history showed that they posted the same thing on multiple Roll Calls and it was the only thing they ever posted about. Huge red flag!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

In the US they may all work on commission, but that is not consistent throughout the World. Our TA works for an agency and is paid an annual base salary.

I didn't know that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dockman said:

But what if that single user recruits his family and friends to post glowing reports to make it sound like they are the best thing going or if they recruit same to vote for them in a poll?  A slippery  slope that CC is wise to nip in the bud.

right because people are only dishonest and misrepresent things on the internet...........

12 hours ago, Sea42 said:

That is easy to spot when looking at someone's posting history. 

On one of my Roll Calls, someone posted about a wonderful tour they had previously done. A check of their posting history showed that they posted the same thing on multiple Roll Calls and it was the only thing they ever posted about. Huge red flag!

Agree but also wonder how many people would take the time to check a posting history? There are many ways that the smart scammers can use to post and repost all sorts of stuff all over the internet every second of every day. I think CC is wise with their ban.

I remember being on  a cruise years ago when some agent was trying to hand out flyers/cards on a cruise to passengersin the LIDO...what's next...here's my card if you need to buy new siding or life insurance?    

7 hours ago, pghflyer said:

right because people are only dishonest and misrepresent things on the internet...........

Are you being dishonest about being dishonest?  Does that make you honest?