NCL changed excursion time. Are Goldbelt Tram tickets good all day?

We're sailing on the Sun to Alaska this coming May and I just received an email from NCL changing our Goldbelt Tram tickets in Juneau from 10 a.m. to 7:01 a.m. We're in port from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and there's no way we'll be getting off at 7 to ride the tram. I thought that I had read somewhere on these boards that the tram tickets are good all day but I can't seem to find it now that I need it. Can anyone tell me if that's correct?

1 minute ago, NikiPinkston said:

We're sailing on the Sun to Alaska this coming May and I just received an email from NCL changing our Goldbelt Tram tickets in Juneau from 10 a.m. to 7:01 a.m. We're in port from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and there's no way we'll be getting off at 7 to ride the tram. I thought that I had read somewhere on these boards that the tram tickets are good all day but I can't seem to find it now that I need it. Can anyone tell me if that's correct?

Check the Alaska port of call boards 

• Thanks 1

I'm sailing in June and also had my time changed to 11AM which is when we arrive. My original booking was for the evening. but it's my understanding that they are good for the entire time, not reserved times.

• Thanks 1

I have purchased them before and it is good for all day. The employees just take their half of the ticket. There is not a pre set time that you must use it.

The line can get long though. We waited about 45 minutes.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, boxedmoon said:

I have purchased them before and it is good for all day. The employees just take their half of the ticket. There is not a pre set time that you must use it.

The line can get long though. We waited about 45 minutes.

Thank you so much for your reply, @boxedmoon!  I had read that the lines can be long, too, especially since there will be 3 other ships in port that day. On Trip Advisor someone quoted 2.5 hours!

Hi Niki

Not only are the tickets valid all day, but you can go up and down as many times as you like. 

I’ve never seen a long line for the tram in Juneau and I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes.

What day are you in Juneau? We’re there May 9.

• Thanks 1

I would cancel the excursion and wait to see what the weather is like. Too many times the port is foggy which really limits the view from the top. I also believe that the tickets are cheaper at the tram.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NikiPinkston said:

The tickets are good all day. But, the lines for the tram going up and coming back down can be 45 min - 1 hour+. There are other shore ex that dump people at the tram after seeing the glacier. So, go early. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Hi Niki

Not only are the tickets valid all day, but you can go up and down as many times as you like. 

I’ve never seen a long line for the tram in Juneau and I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes.

What day are you in Juneau? We’re there May 9.

Hi, Yvonne,

We're there May 25. Is that your and Dad's birthday cruise?

Thank you all so much for your replies and suggestions!❤️

With our discounts, it was only $49 for the two of us, so I guess we'll take our chances. Even if there's a long line or it's super foggy and we decide to skip it, we're not out that much money. And we're in port all day so, hopefully, we'll have several chances to try it.

Thanks again, and happy cruising to all of you!😊