Taxi from Amsterdam Cruise Port to airport

Sorry if this is repetitive, but I searched and couldn't find an answer...

For those of you who have disembarked in Amsterdam at the downtown Cruise Port, did you find taxis readily available?  What was the approximate time and cost for said taxi to Schiphol?  Thanks in advance...

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, kstrittm said:

What was the approximate time and cost for said taxi to Schiphol?

Had you simply googled the question as I just did, the Schipol Airport website with link to cruise terminal transportation info would have appeared in the results.

https://amsterdam-schiphol-airport.com/transportation/airport-to-cruise-port/

Edited by edinburgher

5 hours ago, edinburgher said:

Had you simply googled the question as I just did, the Schipol Airport website with link to cruise terminal transportation info would have appeared in the results.

https://amsterdam-schiphol-airport.com/transportation/airport-to-cruise-port/

Silly me, I thought these forums were a place for people to share information.  No need for the snarkiness...  peace out.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, kstrittm said:
On 3/14/2024 at 1:58 PM, edinburgher said:

Silly me, I thought these forums were a place for people to share information

I thought giving you  the link above did come  under the heading of "sharing information", and this early in the season may  currently be the most up-to-date unless others have something even more recent to share.

Edited by edinburgher

On 3/15/2024 at 9:24 AM, edinburgher said:

I thought giving you  the link above did come  under the heading of "sharing information", and this early in the season may  currently be the most up-to-date unless others have something even more recent to share.

Your attached link is suspect, and my anti-virus software won't allow access.  I did Google it, and I even used the app to calculate the approximate fare and timing.  I am curious about other peoples' experience with taxi availability and traffic congestion in that area.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, kstrittm said:

Your attached link is suspect, and my anti-virus software won't allow access

How very strange as mine connected without any issue less than 5 minutes ago.

It is also the link to the OFFICIAL Schipol Airport website where I found it, so I expect Schipol Airport management are aware of this oddity and will be investigating, as it covers all transport options between the airport and the cruise terminal and vice versa. Maybe try again in a few days time by which time the issue may have been resolved. or try accessing it from a different device as that may work for you

3 hours ago, kstrittm said:

I am curious about other peoples' experience with taxi availability and traffic congestion in that area.

.As mentioned above, this early in the season there will be minimal activity with ocean going ships, so far  fewer passengers heading from the cruise terminal to the airport therefore fewer taxis waiting..

You could  consider cross posting on  the river cruising forum as the season for river boats can be longer and you might have more luck there.

Edited by edinburgher

The posted link is a pretend to be official website, it does has a somewhat official look and feel style for the purpose of traffic/clicks/cookies and ads I guess. Easily to mistake that being from abroad, I can understand!

The official Schiphol website for getting to Schiphol is: https://www.schiphol.nl/en/page/transport-yourself-to-schiphol/

:classic_smile:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

The posted link is a pretend to be official website, it does has a somewhat official look and feel style for the purpose of traffic/clicks/cookies and ads I guess. Easily to mistake that being from abroad, I can understand!

Thank you for confirming that it is a fake website despite it appearing to be genuine.

Can only apologise. Will never google on behalf of another member again, instead advising only that they do that themselves.

9 hours ago, edinburgher said:

Thank you for confirming that it is a fake website despite it appearing to be genuine.

Can only apologise. Will never google on behalf of another member again, instead advising only that they do that themselves.

No worries! :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, liamur14 said:

I looked and do not see the cost for taxi to Rotterdam. Any idea of a rough cost?

Pre booked taxi is about €125 from Amsterdam Schiphol airport to Rotterdam

• Thanks 2