Nitpicking Voyagers Club OBC

Maxsnz

MSC are being pretty hopeless in explaining this and I couldn't find any threads that fully confirm it!

I'm Diamond, booked over 9 months out, received the right discounts BUT only received the €50 OBC for me, not my husband. He is not a VC member. However, everywhere on the website it says the OBC credit is per person.

MSC refuse to add OBC for him, because it is per person who is a silver and above member, apparently. Not per person on everyone else in your cabin by default.

The wording is extremely confusing. What are other's experiences? Appreciate your help!

1 minute ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Flirting with the possibility of having your entire booking screwed up isn't worth the 50OBC. 

Yeah I agree. I have another booking 18 months away which I've only just booked and put down a deposit on, so guess want to understand what's "supposed" to happen

The very clear Voyagers Club wording for bookings nine months or more before sailing is:

Silver, Gold and Diamond members will also receive a $50 Onboard Credit per person.

I don't see why MSC would give this OBC to a non VC member. 

I think it can be interpreted two ways. "Per person" generally refers to everyone on the booking in cruises right, not "per member". I read it as silver/gold/diamond members booking a cruise receive an OBC per person ie in the cabin. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It can totally be read the other way but should really say per member.

I can see your point of view, but I disagree in your interpretation.  The passage you quoted is contained in an explaination of benefits given to Voyagers Club MEMBERS.  If somebody isn't a member, they don't get any of the benefits.  Seems simple to me and I think your reasoning is just wishful thinking...

• Like 4

Since this is MSC I have no idea how mine will work when I get onboard.  However, my Booking Confirmation shows a line item for the $50 OBC for each person listed.  I am the only one with Silver Voyager club status, the other two are Classic.  

So for my booking I'm expecting that I will receive the $50 OBC for each person in the Cabin.  

• Like 1

It never even occurred to me to interpret this in any way besides "per member" though it does technically say "per person." Why would MSC give any OBC for non-members on the booking?

• Like 1

My spouse and I are both Voyagers Club. I always book online, and his VC number never populates and I can't add it. (Even though we always cruise together, and the information I submit for him matches his VC info.) My OBC credit shows up immediately on the booking. His credit will never show up until after I call and have them add his VC number to the booking. So it's per VC member.