Vibe

New to cruising in general and new to Norweign. I am playing with the idea of getting Vibe as a gift for my fiance as this will be our honeymoon. Is Vibe open the day we embark? Like we do our muster, grab lunch  and can be sitting in vibe as the cruise departs NYC? 

1 minute ago, kates6044 said:

New to cruising in general and new to Norweign. I am playing with the idea of getting Vibe as a gift for my fiance as this will be our honeymoon. Is Vibe open the day we embark? Like we do our muster, grab lunch  and can be sitting in vibe as the cruise departs NYC? 

Yes, it will be open.   We spend every afternoon in the Vibe on embarkation day and stay there for sail away too.

Just want to add, if you are seriously thinking about it, you should definitely secure the passes now and then you can always cancel them for a full refund before your cruise.

If you call and you are not within the final payment phase, the cost will be added to your invoice.  If you purchase them yourself online, the cost has to be paid immediately.   

1 hour ago, kates6044 said:

That's my plan in 36 days!

2 hours ago, kates6044 said:

Just be aware that the Vibe is a quieter type of place.  There is no pool, so no pool games or DJs spinning records and people dancing and all that party scene.    It has hot tubs, no kids so no kids hanging out in the hot tubs, a private bar and dedicated bar servers, private bathrooms (so generally clean), and a consistent crowd that tends to get to know one another, if you want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Just want to add, if you are seriously thinking about it, you should definitely secure the passes now and then you can always cancel them for a full refund before your cruise.

If you call and you are not within the final payment phase, the cost will be added to your invoice.  If you purchase them yourself online, the cost has to be paid immediately.   

I had no idea you could order it and cancel it. Good to know just in case. 

1 hour ago, kates6044 said:

I had no idea you could order it and cancel it. Good to know just in case. 

You are very welcome.  If canceling, just make sure it is before the sail date.

6 hours ago, kates6044 said:

It will be a lovely honeymoon gift. But,,, once it goes on sale online, it will sell out quickly, so if you want it, grab it. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It will be a lovely honeymoon gift. But,,, once it goes on sale online, it will sell out quickly, so if you want it, grab it. 

Good to see that you are coming around and changing your opinion on the vibe.  In the past you have been one of this forums biggest critics of the vibe.  

To the OP the vibe is a wonderful and serene place to get away and be pampered, away from the hustle and bustle, no chair hogs or screaming kids to deal with.  Wonderful drink service.  Bartenders and waiters are some of the best on the ship.

A great place to spend part of your honeymoon.  But like the bird says book it ASAP as it is very popular and sells out quickly.  Don't wait to get it when you get on the ship.  In all likelihood it will be too late unless there is a last minute cancellation.

Edited by seemoreroyals
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

Good to see that you are coming around and changing your opinion on the vibe.  In the past you have been one of this forums biggest critics of the vibe.  

To the OP the vibe is a wonderful and serene place to get away and be pampered, away from the hustle and bustle, no chair hogs or screaming kids to deal with.  Wonderful drink service.  Bartenders and waiters are some of the best on the ship.

A great place to spend part of your honeymoon.  But like the bird says book it ASAP as it is very popular and sells out quickly.  Don't wait to get it when you get on the ship.  In all likelihood it will be too late unless there is a last minute cancellation.

The only catch is that if you are not a sun worshiper, then the vibe is a waste of money

15 minutes ago, zqvol said:

The only catch is that if you are not a sun worshiper, then the vibe is a waste of money

We are definitely not sun worshipers.  We moved around a bit and got some help from the crew to place the provided umbrellas in such a way to keep the sun off of us.  

We do like being outdoors though.  Especially when it is about 75 degrees with a nice breeze. Wife and I side by side enjoying a good book with a carafe of water and each of our favorite adult beverage awaiting our attention.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

sun worshiper

Heh. I still purchase a pass for April in Alaska. I’m a ‘no crowd, empty bar, quiet empty top deck, misty grey and 45 degree weather’ worshiper. I get all tucked in on a lounger and play crosswords for 2-3 hours a day. It’s perfect. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, zqvol said:

This is not correct.  We are not sun worshippers, yet we consider Vibe mandatory.  

We enjoy being outside - if one doesn't like being outside, then I would say Vibe is a waste of money.

• Like 1

it's worth every penny.  do it!  (assuming you are cruising someplace warm and there is at least 1 or 2 sea days. If you have a port every day or it's a new England cruise... ehhh, may not be worth it.  Although I do love having the "special" bar just for vibe folks.  the bartenders really know you and it's a great atmosphere)