WOW sale today and we got a good deal

I did a mock booking for a cruise I looked at 10 days ago. I was offered $150 onboard credit for an inside guarantee. The only problem was that the cruise price went up almost $200 a person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

I did a mock booking for a cruise I looked at 10 days ago. I was offered $150 onboard credit for an inside guarantee. The only problem was that the cruise price went up almost $200 a person.

I had the same experience. I booked a suite GTY on Wednesday and did a mock booking yesterday when I saw the OBC promo. I would have gotten $700 OBC if I had waited a day, but the cruise fare would have been $692 more. So pretty much a break even.

• Haha 5

This was actually a much better deal last week.  We booked a Suite Guarantee on two cruises without our C&A discount.  There was only a difference of $100-$150 and we got $600 in OBC.

• Like 2

I have been looking at three possible cruises on various dates in 2025 and 2026, each in a grand suite. 

With this sale they have added $700 OBC, but the price of each suite has gone up by exactly $490. They increased the price for the first two passengers, the price for a third and fourth has stayed exactly the same. 

I did a mock booking today to see if the price had dropped on a cruise that we had booked about two weeks ago (2026 dates on Wonder). We paid a little over $6K total for four people in a Star Class cabin, and the mock booking today shows the price at over $8900. I guess I just got lucky with the timing on that one, as the price went up substantially after the first two days of it being offered.

15 minutes ago, TheInnocentAge said:

I did a mock booking today to see if the price had dropped on a cruise that we had booked about two weeks ago (2026 dates on Wonder). We paid a little over $6K total for four people in a Star Class cabin, and the mock booking today shows the price at over $8900. I guess I just got lucky with the timing on that one, as the price went up substantially after the first two days of it being offered.

6k for star class on wonder actually doesnt sound bad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

6k for star class on wonder actually doesnt sound bad. 

Yep, granted it's only four nights, but considering the value of four deluxe drink packages, specialty dining every night for four, free WiFi, the Genie experience plus the other Star perks, a 2BR aqua theater suite... I thought it was a good deal to get that for less than $400 per person per night.  

• Like 1

Just checked our November 11 night and price dropped $2400.00 in a mock booking.

Not asking why, just calling first thing this morning to see what REALLY happens.

• Like 1

Looks like there's a "10+ night, Over 6 months in future" promo that just kicked in, so maybe limited number of folks that can get it. "RCI Math" made the actual change $2370 reduction.

First, thank you to Kellie in Texas for notification of the OBC deal yesterday. 

I have a NextCruise certificate and I had been looking at a suite for particular cruise in 2026.

Now the aggravating part. Yesterday the price went up by $490 when they added the $700 OBC. Today the OBC is gone and the price has miraculously dropped by $490 to the previous price. 

Pricing fun and games. I feel like I have been played, although I did book the cruise since I came out ahead a little bit, and now I have $1,000 OBC (including NextCruise OBC) that I can use to pay for the gratuities and internet service for four people. 

• Like 1