Sun Princess...Vines....Return the glasses??

Posted (edited)

Vines has better glasses that they don't want you to take out. If you want to leave, just ask them for a to-go glass and they will pour your wine into a normal glass like the other bars use. If you are just picking up a glass to take to dinner, tell them when you order and they will give you one of the other glasses.

Note: My response is based on experience on other ships - not on the Sun.

Edited by NavyVeteran
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Vines has better glasses that they don't want you to take out. If you want to leave, just ask them for a to-go glass and they will pour your wine into a normal glass like the other bars use. If you are just picking up a glass to take to dinner, tell them when you order and they will give you one of the other glasses.

Note: My response is based on experience on other ships - not on the Sun.

Sun doesn't have Vines

16 hours ago, chamima said:

Sun doesn't have Vines

Is there a similar bar that has the same glasses?

• Thanks 1

The OP asked about the Sun specifically. If there's no Vines I wonder if they even sent her the better glasses. There's a current live thread. I'll ask about where better wines might be served on there.

28 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I think I remember at one time, you could ask for the "better" wine glasses in the main dinning room.  I've never done it and not sure they do it anymore.  This was years ago.

Not that we need those special glasses that vines uses as long as we can request a couple of large ones at the bars so we can carry our own drinks from our room. 😉

13 minutes ago, 555 said:

Not that we need those special glasses that vines uses as long as we can request a couple of large ones at the bars so we can carry our own drinks from our room. 😉

Any bar that might have the better glasses is going to request that you leave them there.

If you want large glasses for your own wine you might just have to bring them with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise*enthusiast said:

I found a picture of a glass at Vines and it was a glass with a fancy rose stem. Wonder if that’s what they mean. 

The glasses they don't want you removing from Vines are Riedel or similar quality glasses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chamima said:

Any bar that might have the better glasses is going to request that you leave them there.

If you want large glasses for your own wine you might just have to bring them with you.

Oh, we don't want anything fancy, just the largest wine glass available. I'm certainly not going to bring glasses from home to drink cheap wine. 😁

We simply drink what we like, which happens to be inexpensive also. 

3 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I remember people complaining about the new Royal class when it came out.

The transition from the older class ships to the Royal class wasn't that drastic compared to the Sun class.