Shareholder benefit

My latest application was processed the same day, IIRC it was approved less than an hour after submission. 
In the past when there was a delay to receive my shareholder benefit, I resubmitted the application and I got a response that I was submitting it too early. Now I wait until after final payment date and then I submit the request.
When is your final payment date?

Posted (edited)

I received an email immediately that by benefit request had been received, but never got an email that it was approved.  After making another payment, my new invoice showed it was approved.  $250 for a 17 night TA on Insignia.  You can always shop for shore excursions and see how much credit you have.  

As an aside, very happy to see the share price is nearly a dollar above my basis.  Took a while.  Speaking @PhD-iva 's  language here!

Edited by marieps
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cherokeesmom said:

Where or when would I see if my application for on board credit has been approved?  Has been several weeks since I sent in paperwork.

We submitted ours 19 days prior to departure and received a revised Guest Statement showing the credit on the next business day.

2 hours ago, cherokeesmom said:

Where or when would I see if my application for on board credit has been approved?  Has been several weeks since I sent in paperwork.

You don't say when you are cruising. 

If your cruise is a many months, a year out, they will not give you the credit.  They want to know you own the stock at time of sailing so you must submit it closer to your cruise date. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KS&JW said:

You don't say when you are cruising. 

If your cruise is a many months, a year out, they will not give you the credit.  They want to know you own the stock at time of sailing so you must submit it closer to your cruise date. 

Have you been told this is true or are you assuming the reason? Maybe, like so many things with Oceania, they handle this inconsistently. I put in for shareholder credit for 3 cruises at the same time, all well ahead of final payment date. One was  3 months away, one was 9 months away and one was over 18 months away. Received the credit for all 3 promptly. 

2 hours ago, edgee said:

Have you been told this is true or are you assuming the reason? Maybe, like so many things with Oceania, they handle this inconsistently. I put in for shareholder credit for 3 cruises at the same time, all well ahead of final payment date. One was  3 months away, one was 9 months away and one was over 18 months away. Received the credit for all 3 promptly. 

I just know that I have seen others posting on here that their paperwork was rejected because it was too far in the future.  No one was able to determine just what the cut off date was but certainly 18 months out would be way 'out of the range'. I would be curious if someone with just one cruise 18 months out would be successful.