how easy is it to get drinks?

With all these "free" drinks promotions I have to believe that the vast majority of cruisers are signed up for this.  What are your experiences onboard with getting a drink in a timely manner? 

2 minutes ago, jxtgreek said:

With all these "free" drinks promotions I have to believe that the vast majority of cruisers are signed up for this.  What are your experiences onboard with getting a drink in a timely manner? 

Drinking is what cruises are there for. Not a problem. If one bar is busy, walk a minute to the next one.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, jxtgreek said:

Never had a problem getting any drinks. Not all bars have blenders so those drinks might require a little search. 

1 hour ago, jxtgreek said:

The only place that seems to be slow is at the pool bars. Service is very quick inside. This has been the case on both Escape and Epic within the past 13 months. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jxtgreek said:

If you tip your waiter/waitress, they'll be asking you if you are ready for them to bring another.  I've actually had to tell them not quite yet once or twice.

(yes, that is a true story!)

• Like 6

just dont stand around waiting to acknowledged.  Give the bartender a firm HELLO and a smile when you first walk up.  Many bartenders will serve their " better known" customers before anyone else.  Speak up and say " Excuse me,  Im next". If by the pool area, it takes some time for the servers to come around, so if you see on, flag them down.  If you give them a 1-2 dollar tip ( after they return with your drink), they will make a point to stop by your area more frequently

• Like 1

I always tell my husband to never turn away the drink servers by the pool or in the lounges. Even if you do not think you are ready for a drink, get something and this way they know that you will be wanting more drink service. If you say no to them, they will not come around as quickly. They will approach people they know are drinking (and tipping) first and more often. Even if you do not have cash on you to tip them, they will come back if you do not turn them away the first time. If you tip, they will come back more quickly!

• Like 1

The pool bars can be slow as so many people order frozen mixed drinks. If the four people ahead of you want beer your good. We found a bigger issue is finding a bar that stocked what you wanted. On our last trip the bar in the buffet and by the pool often ran out of wine by 7pm except maybe a Riesling.