Icy Strait Point video

dmwnc1959

Posted (edited)

Wanted to pass along a really good video that I found for Icy Strait Point. Wasn’t at all excited about going there until I saw this video. Hope you like it as much as I did, definitely have to earmark this one for future use. 

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2024 at 9:43 PM, dmwnc1959 said:

Wanted to pass along a really good video that I found for Icy Strait Point. Wasn’t at all excited about going there until I saw this video. Hope you like it as much as I did, definitely have to earmark this one for future use. 

Has anyone been to Icy Straight Point this season yet that might be able to provide any updates to the video? 

Posted (edited)

I spent my entire time in Hoonah (which I enjoyed). We were told the ropes courses were closed due to lack of employees. 

I was there last May.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

ISP is my favorite Alaskan port-of-call.

Thanks for porting the video.

This may be a crazy ask, but do you remember if there is cell phone service here? Thought maybe it would be a good place to post cruise updates without using the ships Wi-Fi. 

11 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

This may be a crazy ask, but do you remember if there is cell phone service here? Thought maybe it would be a good place to post cruise updates without using the ships Wi-Fi. 

isp had wifi throughout. verizon did not have signal except for up at the peak. there was also wifi at the peak 

• Thanks 1

Absolutely beautiful day in Icy Strait Point today.  It was our first Alaska port on NCL Spirit 16 day Honolulu to Vancouver BC cruise.  Sunshine, upper 50’s and viewing whales from ship and shore, couldn’t ask for more.  Weather forecast for Juneau and Skagway looks equally good.  We are blessed.

• Like 1