Taxi from SEA-TAC airport area hotel to pier 91

Is it easy to get a taxi from an airport hotel to pier 91? I prefer taxis to Uber/Lyft. My first choice would be to stay at a downtown hotel, but they are awfully expensive.

Posted (edited)

It shouldn't be hard.  It may cost you $50 - 60 depending on traffic, but since taxis seem to be your comfort level, it is worth the price.

FYI, Many of the taxis used in Seattle will a Toyota  Prius,, so if you need a larger vehicle, let the dispatcher know to send a mini van. 

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

It shouldn't be hard.  It may cost you $50 - 60 depending on traffic, but since taxis seem to be your comfort level, it is worth the price.

FYI, Many of the taxis used in Seattle will a Toyota  Prius,, so if you need a larger vehicle, let the dispatcher know to send a mini van. 

I was amazed at the trunk size of a Prius after our last visit there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I was amazed at the trunk size of a Prius after our last visit there.

One morning I was arriving for work at the pier and I passed a departing car (not a Prius) that was packed with so much luggage that the trunk  could not be closed.  And the trunk wasn't just opened a little, but the luggage was actually extending out of the trunk.  It was one of those times that I wished I had time to take a photo - it was crazy.  Hopefully, that car was staying on local roads, and not going far.  I couldn't image that it could have driven to the airport without losing some of the suitcases.  :  )

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 10:35 AM, jerick said:

Is it easy to get a taxi from an airport hotel to pier 91? I prefer taxis to Uber/Lyft. My first choice would be to stay at a downtown hotel, but they are awfully expensive.

The easiest way to get a taxi is to have the front desk at your hotel call to get one.  To be honest, I'm not sure your hesitance at using Uber or Lyft.  I find their drivers more personable than taxi drivers and their vehicles are cleaner and less run down.  I also find that a number of taxi drivers still want to be paid in cash and reluctantly accept plastic... unless their company prohibits them from that game, but you never know.  The beauty of Uber and Lyft is I don't have to take out my wallet to pay, it is all done through the app, plus any tip.  On top of that the app shows you were your vehicle is while you are waiting, shows you the vehicle type and license plate that is coming for you, and a photo and name of the driver.  While on your ride the apps shows where you are, the route that the driver is supposed to be taking and how soon it will be until you get to your drop off point.  Pricing for all ground transportation in and out of the airport is regulated, so there is little price difference between services.  Pricing from the SeaTac hotels into the city is not, but all the cabs basically charge the same minute/mile rate, but comes out to be about $45/55 with a regular cab or Uber/Lyft.  If you need a larger vehicle due to party size or luggage quantity, then the price goes up reflecting the cost of the larger vehicle.

Last year we stayed at the Ceaderbrook Lodge, near SeaTac and sailed out of Pier 91.  I highly recommend the Ceaderbrook.  Anyway, the front desk knew we were doing a park and cruise and offered to hail us a black SUV to the port.  I accepted.  Including tip it was $100 and the driver wanted to be paid in cash.  Lucky for me I had my pre-cruise wad on me, but a request to pay in cash was unexpected.

We returned to the Ceaderbrook after the cruise with UberXL and the total price was $76 including the tip and the driver was both friendly and very helpful with our luggage and his SUV was spic and span.

• Like 1