Can I bring this In? If not, suggestions to get some?

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2024 at 1:33 PM, Bubbeh said:

We returned home from Sydney last week and I can attest that there sniffer dogs in use at Perth domestic airport.  The dog and its handler go past every bag and person including the bags coming out onto the carousel.  

In 2019 we came back from a cruise where Perth was our first port of call in Australia, as we came through customs for a day visit, one of those dogs got interested in Hilary, the customs guy ask her if she had any food or plants, she said no, but they actually took her carry bag and searched it, low and behold down in a bottom corner was a semi dried flower that had been put behind her ear at an island stop on the way. she must have taken it and put it in her carry bag during the island visit and forgot it.

The customs guy what to her embarrassment was very strict and advised her that he was recording the incident and if she was found to have failed to declare in future she would be fined.

The fact that she hadn't realise it was there was no excuse as far as he was concerned.

I still tease her about being carful when we're coming through customs.

Edited by Ozwoody
Why do you always see mistakes 1 second after pressing send
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Between 2014 & 2018 we travelled to Norfolk Island each year.

The little dog was always there upon arrival sniffing around. The dog detected something with a woman's bag just along the line from us. The officer asked two or three times if she had any food. She replied "no" each time, and was becoming a bit annoyed & her husband also asked her about whether she had anything. A banana was located in her bag, she said she didn;t remember having it, and then her & her husband had 'words' - not a great start to a holiday on NI!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Back in the day my daughter and I did a coach tour around Europe. At one of the dinners, a waiter gave a red rose🌹 to every female. My daughter kept a daily trip diary and popped her rose in the diary, as a memento. Thankfully they weren't quite so thorough back then. We were asked if we had anything, we'd long forgotten the rose so said no, and it wasn't picked up. We went oops months later when we rediscovered it!

While waiting at the airport for a flight from Bris to Auckland we got talking to an elderly couple. They had mandarins in their carry-on bag and ate them at the airport. I commented to Keith that I would have kept them quite separate from my hand luggage. Sure enough, at the other end of the flight the sniffer dogs showed an interest in them and they were pulled aside, simply for the residual smell of the fruit!

Edited by Jean C
  • Like 1