Moecker attempts to claw back earlier payment

Stereojeff

As received:

AGPWSu_8dJkneWVvb3TDApaS2Jadi5M2ScQhM-NmjFwY6BxCL3iJAgQOVBK3a2CX1lx4=s40-p

Crystal Claims <crystalclaimsobj@moecker-crystal.com>

AttachmentsThu, Mar 21, 11:04 AM (20 hours ago)

to Crystal, bcc: me
cleardot.gif

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE 11TH

JUDICIAL CIRCUIT IN AND FOR

MIAMI DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA

Crystal Cruises, LLC                                                  CASE No.:  2022-002742-CA-01

Crystal Holdings U.S., LLC                                       CASE No.:   2022-002757-CA-01

Crystal AirCruises, LLC                                            CASE No.:   2022-002758-CA-01

Assignor,

v.

Mark C. Healy

Assignee.

Document being served:

ASSIGNEE’S FIFTIETH OMNIBUS OBJECTION TO CLAIMS- Reference OBJ23.03-02C

MOTION - Fiftieth Omnibus Objection to Claims - 50.OBJ24.03-02C.pdf

Not following the subject.

If I understand this correctly if someone got their payment back from Credit Card or Travel Insurance or some other way then they would not be entitled to getting it a second time.  If they got less than the total submitted they could get up to $2,250.00 per person.

Keith 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stereojeff said:

As received:

AGPWSu_8dJkneWVvb3TDApaS2Jadi5M2ScQhM-NmjFwY6BxCL3iJAgQOVBK3a2CX1lx4=s40-p

Crystal Claims <crystalclaimsobj@moecker-crystal.com>

AttachmentsThu, Mar 21, 11:04 AM (20 hours ago)

to Crystal, bcc: me
cleardot.gif

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE 11TH

JUDICIAL CIRCUIT IN AND FOR

MIAMI DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA

Crystal Cruises, LLC                                                  CASE No.:  2022-002742-CA-01

Crystal Holdings U.S., LLC                                       CASE No.:   2022-002757-CA-01

Crystal AirCruises, LLC                                            CASE No.:   2022-002758-CA-01

Assignor,

v.

Mark C. Healy

Assignee.

Document being served:

ASSIGNEE’S FIFTIETH OMNIBUS OBJECTION TO CLAIMS- Reference OBJ23.03-02C

MOTION - Fiftieth Omnibus Objection to Claims - 50.OBJ24.03-02C.pdf 2.14 MB · 8 downloads

Excuse me, could you please explain what you mean? Unable to open and download the files you posted. 

In our particular case there was no "double dipping". Any funds we may have recovered from a credit card dispute were for different cruises and/or different cruise lines.

I've already told Moecker as much.

Jeff

• Like 1

They are stating you will get $4,450 as a priority 1, payment.  That us the maximum anyone will get under Florida law.  What is left (unsecured) will likely be pennies on the dollar.

Interesting that they are still going through claims and making filings with the court and that all priority 1 claims have not yet been reviewed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Interesting that they are still going through claims and making filings with the court and that all priority 1 claims have not yet been reviewed.

IMO - there's been much more to this than many suspected.  Lots of suspected cases of fraudulent claims that need to be tracked down.

4 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

IMO - there's been much more to this than many suspected.  Lots of suspected cases of fraudulent claims that need to be tracked down.

Good point on potential fraudulent claims.

Definitely lots of research between what was recovered via Credit Card companies plus Travel Insurance as well.

Keith

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

You have to remember the tight deadline they gave consumers.  Most of the insurance, and credit cards claims were not settled by the time the deadline was reached.  Therefore there are thousands of duplicate claims that had to get settled.  We had 4 claims two were later settled by cc and insurance and two were not.  That still generated 4 motions to the court.   Two denying, one partial approval and one fully being insecured.  We received our check.  

The only question is what happens to cruises with FMC bond protection, which will be answered after all money is dispersed.  

Of course the longer these lawyers continue the process the more fees they earn.  

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Thanks 2

I have to wonder about those suspicious of fraudulent claims. We are talking about Crystal cruisers who I didn’t consider to be deceiving or wanting to be fraudulent. I don’t believe that those rejections to claims are caused by fraudulent past cruisers.

I think that there is something else going on (i.e credit cards or insurances paying after the claim was submitted and this information not being properly processed). I also think that Moecker is making some mistakes while verifying the claims and taking unnecessary time for those payments. Not intentionally probably, but still there are clients waiting to receive the checks or transfers without being fraudulent.

For the record, we are not fraudulent and have not received any payment from the credit card company or travel insurance after my husband submitted the claim and despite this, are still waiting for the transfer from Moecker despite notification that this would happen. 

Just now, travelberlin said:

I have to wonder about those suspicious of fraudulent claims. We are talking about Crystal cruisers who I didn’t consider to be deceiving or wanting to be fraudulent. I don’t believe that those rejections to claims are caused by fraudulent past cruisers.

I think that there is something else going on (i.e credit cards or insurances paying after the claim was submitted and this information not being properly processed). I also think that Moecker is making some mistakes while verifying the claims and taking unnecessary time for those payments. Not intentionally probably, but still there are clients waiting to receive the checks or transfers without being fraudulent.

For the record, we are not fraudulent and have not received any payment from the credit card company or travel insurance after my husband submitted the claim and despite this, are still waiting for the transfer from Moecker despite notification that this would happen. 

but your claim, if greater than the allowed amount of $4,450, still must go through the court so it is segmented to X payment priority, and X payment as unsecured.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

As the legal filings show in general rejected claims by guests  fall into two major categories.

Oe is that people submitted claims only to have days, weeks or months or a year or more after the claims were submitted full refunds issues by credit card companies and insurance companies.  I suspect that in most cases that people forgot to get back to Moecker to let them know about this if their claim was fully refunded or got back to Moekcer and they didn't take immediate action.  I don't see they are bad people. They just forgot or didn't know about this. The fact that Moecker is researching this is all good.  At the same time, did some people hope to get some additional money, I suspect some did.

And has been mentioned often there is a maximum amount for the refund of up to $2,250.00 per person so some will show up in the report of having one a portion of the claim prioritized for payment. I am in that "boat". 

Even today we hear of people getting refunds from Credit Card companies. This certainly has been a major task for Moecker. In the scheme of things we got our money back from the process sooner than I thought we would. I hope this wraps up soon and folks like yourselves get your amount up to $2,250.00 back. I cringed the other day when I happened to look at the Moecker site as I was curious about what happens next to see all these filings and my first thought is more money being paid out to Moecker, etc for all of the work they continue to do on this first major phase.  

Is it possible that a few people submitted fraudulent claims?  Yes.  As we have learned throughout time wealth, education, business experience, sailing on a luxury line, etc., etc. does not guarantee, that each and every person is honest, law abiding and ethical.  There are people who have sailed Crystal who have stolen items including dinnerware as we have been told over the years.  

One time my wife and a friend from this board were in the laundry room having returned from I believe a tour of the Falkland Islands on the 2007 World Cruise.. Our hiking shoes were dirty as were our gloves. After washing my gloves and placing them on the sink counter and turning to tend to the wash, when Anne Marie  turned back to pick up the gloves they were gone. One gent had been in the laundry room at the time.  Logic says it was him.  Was it taken on purpose or by accident. We'll never know.  Does the person have a problem? Maybe.  Over the years, we have read about famous people who would get caught stealing clothes from a store.  

Keith 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Lucky me, most of my losses were repaid by American Express.  The remaining $2,000 of very old admin penalties-->FCDs was paid by my travel insurance.  Of course then I was unable to carry that insurance policy forward to another trip, but we'll ignore that loss.

My travel insurance company insisted that I file a claim for the $2,000.  Their thinking at the time was that then Moecker would pay them back what they paid me.  I could not see that happening, but I did comply with their instructions because I wanted my $2,000.  The form included a spot for the name of my insurance company, and in due course my claim was appropriately rejected.  So in the end all this accomplished was some extra work for Moecker, me, and the insurance company.

It is good that Moecker is doing their due diligence, although unfortunately that can be very challenging in cases with multiple losses, and some partial reimbursements from credit cards and insurance.

Edited by SusieQft

8 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

As the legal filings show in general rejected claims by guests  fall into two major categories.

Oe is that people submitted claims only to have days, weeks or months or a year or more after the claims were submitted full refunds issues by credit card companies and insurance companies.  I suspect that in most cases that people forgot to get back to Moecker to let them know about this if their claim was fully refunded or got back to Moekcer and they didn't take immediate action.  I don't see they are bad people. They just forgot or didn't know about this. The fact that Moecker is researching this is all good.  At the same time, did some people hope to get some additional money, I suspect some did.

And has been mentioned often there is a maximum amount for the refund of up to $2,250.00 per person so some will show up in the report of having one a portion of the claim prioritized for payment. I am in that "boat". 

Even today we hear of people getting refunds from Credit Card companies. This certainly has been a major task for Moecker. In the scheme of things we got our money back from the process sooner than I thought we would. I hope this wraps up soon and folks like yourselves get your amount up to $2,250.00 back. I cringed the other day when I happened to look at the Moecker site as I was curious about what happens next to see all these filings and my first thought is more money being paid out to Moecker, etc for all of the work they continue to do on this first major phase.  

Is it possible that a few people submitted fraudulent claims?  Yes.  As we have learned throughout time wealth, education, business experience, sailing on a luxury line, etc., etc. does not guarantee, that each and every person is honest, law abiding and ethical.  There are people who have sailed Crystal who have stolen items including dinnerware as we have been told over the years.  

One time my wife and a friend from this board were in the laundry room having returned from I believe a tour of the Falkland Islands on the 2007 World Cruise.. Our hiking shoes were dirty as were our gloves. After washing my gloves and placing them on the sink counter and turning to tend to the wash, when Anne Marie  turned back to pick up the gloves they were gone. One gent had been in the laundry room at the time.  Logic says it was him.  Was it taken on purpose or by accident. We'll never know.  Does the person have a problem? Maybe.  Over the years, we have read about famous people who would get caught stealing clothes from a store.  

Keith 

Thanks Keith for your answer. 

In relation to guests stealing, fortunately it hasn’t happened to us. In many cruises with different cruise lines from Royal Caribbean to Crystal, we have encountered honest people. My husband tends to leave his sports jacket at different places on the ships. I don’t remember how many times he went to the guest relations of ships to get again his jacket. He was able to recover it because honest people (passengers or crew members) delivered it there. Only once his jacket was definitely gone. This was an MSC ship.

Ivi

Moecker got back to me. As it turns out, I did receive a small sum back from my credit card that I either missed or occurred after my initial claim. By return email I apologized for  my error and restated my claim with the slightly reduced amount. 

I will report back if and when the situation changes.

Jeff

• Like 1