Celebrity Mediterranean Ships - Cider Question

gavman99

I have seen conflicting reports about whether or not Strongbow cider is included in the Classic drinks package. Celebrity website has a PDF which clearly states its in the premium package, however there are lots of reports/videos online suggesting you can definitely get it as part of the classic package.

Has anyone been on-board recently who can advise ? I dont drink beer or spirits so would be reluctant to book on a cruise where I couldn't get it in classic.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

You can get any beverage from the Premium package in the Classic package for an upcharge per drink.  Or you can just buy it a al carte without a package. JMO but I would hesitate to expect it to be included when the included beverages clearly state that it is not.

Others may contradict this based on their experience, and maybe experiences may vary by region or ship to ship, etc., or maybe it would just be individual bartender experiences not following the packages.  But I would hesitate to count on that, and I am not familiar with a separate included listing for non-US sailings. Maybe others can clarify.  We have experienced situations where a requested beverage not specified in a package was denied without the upcharge. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 hours ago, gavman99 said:

I have seen conflicting reports about whether or not Strongbow cider is included in the Classic drinks package. Celebrity website has a PDF which clearly states its in the premium package, however there are lots of reports/videos online suggesting you can definitely get it as part of the classic package.

Has anyone been on-board recently who can advise ? I dont drink beer or spirits so would be reluctant to book on a cruise where I couldn't get it in classic.

Thanks.

Don’t forget to look at the bigger picture. A beverage package would include coffees and teas and bottled water. If you would be wanting a lot of those, the classic package might make sense even if there’s a small up charge for your cider.

I'd be reluctant to base my decision on booking a cruise as to whether or not an/some of the item(s) listed in a beverage package is/are available.  Given the worldwide nature of this business, there are so many supply constraints in play that might affect availability.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

I'd be reluctant to base my decision on booking a cruise as to whether or not an/some of the item(s) listed in a beverage package is/are available.

I think they meant they'd be reluctant to book the Classic beverage package. I'll just throw in I don't drink much alcoholic (and no coffee or tea and don't need bottled water) so I just buy as I go for the few drinks I purchase including virgin frozen daiquiris.

10 hours ago, gavman99 said:

Thanks.

Even if it's listed on the menu now, that's not a gurantee it will be available on your cruise.