Is the loyalty program about to change??

Vallesan

4 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Interesting! Does that information come from ‘someone who knows’?

Part One - Not sure anyone other than O Brass “ Knows “

Part 2 - There were Focus Group discussions, that included TA, back when the SM program was being brainstormed. Change to the Loyalty Program was likewise discussed. How much O Brass listened to the Focus Group takes you back to One above.

On 3/26/2024 at 3:35 PM, pinotlover said:

I believe the most apparent change is you’ll have to cruise within a set timeframe to maintain your status. Distinct possibilities that other changes will soon follow , but expect this change to be implemented soon. 

Never let a crisis go to waste.

• Like 2

You can’t worry about things that you have no say. It is what it is.

Expiring loyalty points can go 2 ways. It might encourage booking. It can also push people away.  
The people who develop loyalty programs don’t often see how changes will affect people.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2024 at 5:41 AM, Redtravel said:

You can’t worry about things that you have no say. It is what it is.

Expiring loyalty points can go 2 ways. It might encourage booking. It can also push people away.  
The people who develop loyalty programs don’t often see how changes will affect people.  

There is no change coming relax..

Jancruz

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 8:27 AM, pinotlover said:

I believe we will see changes to the current loyalty program be rolled out prior to next month’s general release of new itineraries for 25-26. Time will tell.

You wont...from everything I have heard..!!

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz

But then what can they wring their hands about and conjecture on all of the terrible things Oceania is going to do to make more money and shaft the passengers?🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, basor said:

But then what can they wring their hands about and conjecture on all of the terrible things Oceania is going to do to make more money and shaft the passengers?🤣

Probably keep bashing the SM? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz

Good to hear! I started this thread after receiving a survey ‘out of the blue’. Just made me wonder…. maybe I shouldn’t! 😀

Often times we just misread others intentions. Could it be that O was doing some targeted research from guests at specific levels to see what they valued?  Any chance with the necessary price increases they are considering some enhancements to the Loyalty Program to make up for the increases? I certainly do not know but I did submit the Survey providing input for their consideration. 
Thanks for your input Jan 👍🙏

Mauibabes

• Thanks 2

Or horror of horrors, they actually wanted input on the loyalty program to adjust in the future to better mirror the clients desires.....oh no, I forgot it is to take away things, increase the cost and put more $$$ in their pocket - silly me!

2 minutes ago, basor said:

Or horror of horrors, they actually wanted input on the loyalty program to adjust in the future to better mirror the clients desires.....oh no, I forgot it is to take away things, increase the cost and put more $$$ in their pocket - silly me!

Oh my goodness! I just was ‘wondering’ about a survey!

I should know in future not to ‘wonder’ or ‘think’ or ‘horror of horrors’,  ‘speculate’.

Never again will I post something that could ‘automatically’ be construed as ‘criticising’ Oceania. I ‘like’ Oceania. I have sailed with Oceania many times and have upcoming voyages.

It was just ‘idle ‘wondering’!

Please can we let this go now?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Oh my goodness! I just was ‘wondering’ about a survey!

I should know in future not to ‘wonder’ or ‘think’ or ‘horror of horrors’,  ‘speculate’.

Never again will I post something that could ‘automatically’ be construed as ‘criticising’ Oceania. I ‘like’ Oceania. I have sailed with Oceania many times and have upcoming voyages.

It was just ‘idle ‘wondering’!

Please can we let this go now?

Please do not stop posting things that interest you or puzzle you.

If we all did that, there would be no posts at all.

Ignore those that come across as nasty, most of them do not mean to be and those that do probably wish they hadnt been. 

Ive had my share here with nastiness, but still persevere with topics that interest me.

and will ask a question here that is not exactly on topic but I dont want to start a topic for it...

here goes...

in the past if you got included gratuities from your TA and you were silver or higher loyalty  level with O, O would give you an additional 250 non refundable OBCs.

Is that still true?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

If we all did that, there would be no posts at all.

Ignore those that come across as nasty, most of them do not mean to be and those that do probably wish they hadnt been. 

Ive had my share here with nastiness, but still persevere with topics that interest me.

and will ask a question here that is not exactly on topic but I dont want to start a topic for it...

here goes...

in the past if you got included gratuities from your TA and you were silver or higher loyalty  level with O, O would give you an additional 250 non refundable OBCs.

Is that still true?

Yes.  Being silver, on my January cruise I received the $250 "in lieu of Oceania Club Prepaid Gratuities".  But having read Flatbush Flyer's advice, I asked for it through my TA, rather than assume it would have been "automatic" from O.  It eventually appeared as a line item under Amenities and Gifts on my O Invoice, i.e. Guest Statement.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Thank you for this. Very true.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 3:11 PM, Classiccruiser777 said:

Beware, the fashion police are lurking!

How much do they get paid?; if it comes with a free cruise, I’m totally going to apply!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lastdance said:

How much do they get paid?; if it comes with a free cruise, I’m totally going to apply!

Any cruises focused on pension accounting? I’m totally going to apply! 
PS. My dissertation was on pension accounting reform……

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Any cruises focused on pension accounting? I’m totally going to apply! 
PS. My dissertation was on pension accounting reform……

That I do not know, but maybe we have started something here...TBD.  Mine did not happen, as I stopped at MA+32, but it would have been on loyalty with cruise lines🤪.  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Haha 1