Not Live from Emerald Princess 3-21 to 4-5, 2024

Posted (edited)

The Emerald Princess left San Pedro on March 21 at approximately 3 PM and March 22 through March 25 sea days.
March 26 Honolulu

March 27 Kauai

March 28 Kona

March 29 Hilo

March 30 through 3 April at  sea

April 4 Ensenada

and April 5 back to San Pedro.

Just a little background- I have Family onboard and just receiving periodic updates. I did not see any other cruise critic members starting a live from ,so since this is my thread, I don’t have much to add, except for when I hear from the family member, so not really going to answer questions.

If you are onboard Emerald,please add to this thread.

To prepare for the three hour time difference from California to Hawaii on March 21/22nd they set the clocks back one hour ,on the 23rd to the 24th they set the clocks back one hour and tonight the 25th to the 26th same thing.

Saturday - March 23rd was first formal night and Rock Opera production show in the theater.

Friday night the 22nd seas were quite rough and continued during the day on Saturday. Ship was rocking pretty good and difficult to walk around the ship for my family members who have cruised often & are in pretty good shape physically,so chill day for them.

Sunday, March 24th seas much calmer.

They were able to find one of their favorite dinner/ D.R. Waiter so they are set up in their section. Also in Crown Grill they were able to see another favorite crew member.

Edited by arizonaperson

Hello from the Emerald Princess.  Yes, we did have on bumpy night and day, but seas are now very smooth.  Looks a little overcast today.  I hope then sun comes out.  Tomorrow is Honolulu, our first port.  All good on board.   My one complaint (hey, this is Cruise Critic right?)  is the entertainment.   My main activity at night is listening to the music in the lounges.  No traditional Wheelhouse singers.    A guy playing a Steel pan……what ever that is.  This Hawaii cruise is kind of a one off for Emerald and the Music is mostly Latin and Caribbean ( lots of Reggie from the party band).   Not a real “Hawaiian feeling” on board.  I guess I miss Tiki Dave LOL.

• Like 2

From family-Difficult to find seats at Explorers Lounge,lots going on there.

Have found seats in theater no problem. Ship seems full & pretty crowded.

Cool out as expected,lots out sunbathing though.

@LawDog61 thanks for your Live.

Hope more join in. I only have what to report from Family onboard and that’s it. Don’t have the Patters/ Event listings or anything of that sort.

7 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

Hello from the Emerald Princess.  Yes, we did have on bumpy night and day, but seas are now very smooth.  Looks a little overcast today.  I hope then sun comes out.  Tomorrow is Honolulu, our first port.  All good on board.   My one complaint (hey, this is Cruise Critic right?)  is the entertainment.   My main activity at night is listening to the music in the lounges.  No traditional Wheelhouse singers.    A guy playing a Steel pan……what ever that is.  This Hawaii cruise is kind of a one off for Emerald and the Music is mostly Latin and Caribbean ( lots of Reggie from the party band).   Not a real “Hawaiian feeling” on board.  I guess I miss Tiki Dave LOL.

We board April 5 and always have enjoyed Crooners piano entertainment.  Who is playing at Crooners now? 

Many thanks!

• Like 2

I don’t have much to add…. Monday ,March 25th in Explorers lounge was a show/ event called  Living Battle. Trivia type game. Family said it was ok. I don’t know if it was during the daytime or the evening.

Maybe more onboard will add to this thread??

April 1st is the Capains circle parties. No formal dress that evening ,smart casual.

A few “ kids” onboard, even though this is a two weeks cruise some school-age children are off for two weeks from school, some are homeschooled,etc.

My family has not visited the casual dining venues that are included in their plus ,so I can’t comment on any of that.

They said Honolulu is warm, but not too hot and they are just winging it today and walking with no agenda. Just enjoying the day.

Thanks for the updates.  We are taking this cruise in a future year, and I have been wondering if it was warm enough to lay out during the sea days?  Thanks!

There must be a lot of Captain's Circle members on board as the Captain's party has been split into 2 times,  5 and 7, and you are instructed to go at the time assigned on your invite.

1 hour ago, rhobbkf said:

There must be a lot of Captain's Circle members on board as the Captain's party has been split into 2 times,  5 and 7, and you are instructed to go at the time assigned on your invite.

2 party times have been the norm for several years as the amount of elites has skyrocketed especially with people doing 4-5 day cruises 

Yes, my family members are Elite .I just know they told me April 1st is their party at 7 PM. Haven’t really heard much about the cruise from them. Was hoping to get some patters, but that hasn’t happened. Yes ,I think there are quite a few captains circle parties, depending on what level you are at. I don’t have much information other than what pertains to them.

A few more of what is happening….

today Mumford & Sons live from South Africa on MUTS.

a complementary liquid tasting from 5:30pm to 7 PM. I believe today Wednesday at the shops called essentials.
Of course there’s live music in the Piazza.

Kevin Brando is in Crooners on piano.
Topaz is the party band.

Tonight, which is Wednesday  there is a comedian named Miguel Washington in the theater and I still call it the Princess Patters but apparently it’s still being called Princess event listings and it’s one page long and that’s it.
Louis Ramos is in the wheelhouse playing some kind of music.
The elite, platinum, & suite event for appetizers and drinks is in  Sky Walkers  in the evening .

Family has been to Kauai a few times,so they stayed onboard. I believe there’s nothing really to see or walk to around the port area.

That is all I have to report from family onboard.

Saturday night 3-30-24 was the marriage game.3 couples along with CD and wife- typical and entertaining. $10. Items out on deck 7 for shopping pleasure.

Tonight 3/31/24 is production show Magic to do.

Seas rough as sort of expected.

Skywalkers for  evening PES not many people attend.

Very chill cruise -passenger wise.

Captains Circle numbers- approximately….3110 passengers

322 Elite

523 Ruby

608 Platinum 

656 Gold

Most traveled - 2,617 days,not sure on the top 3 numbers. Maybe next is 298 or 305.

Steve Morris entertainer is onboard 

Still cool outside weather wise,did not elude to wave conditions 

That is all I have to report from a family member that is onboard and it sounds like they’re having a very relaxing time and not much to add for CC.

• Thanks 1

The Princess bridgecam is way behind. Emerald Princess has been in Ensenada all day. They leave soon for arrival in San Pedro tomorrow.

Heard The Captain on The Emerald is leaving possibly tomorrow and taking vacation then on another ship? Or back to Emerald.

IMG_9540.jpeg