Bringing wine on board

tgetz

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Unfortunately not in Brooklyn NY

Not noted in our menus here as u described.

It is also served in a metal Dutch type oven kettle pot.

Red Wine also used NYC type.

Most Brooklyn, Bronx and Manhattan Italy restaurant served as I described. These are cooks from the Old Country.

There maybe various methods in different parts in preparation.

But enjoy your way.

Mangia!

With all due respect, New York is not Italy.  I’ve just returned from another trip to Italy, something we do nearly every year.  The recipe I posted above is exactly how marinara, or frutti di mare, as another poster noted, is prepared and served in home kitchens, trattorias and ristorante in Italia.  Using the term, “the old country” implies an adaptation of something from long ago, and I understand and accept that over time, local cultural mores and tastes do adapt and interpret.  I can also attest, from many visits to NYC (which I love, btw) that most locals have absolutely no inkling of how to serve a genuine Italian “caffe”, either.  That is not intended to demean in any way.  It’s just a fact.  

• Like 1

I can’t resist getting into this Italian food fight here…😉 I consulted with my native born Italian DW who grew up in Brooklyn and whose passion is cooking (lucky me). She said that Frutti di Mare is mainly a shellfish dish while that same frutti di mare is part of the soupy/stew-like zuppa di pesce. Along with frutti di mare, zuppa di Pesce can include cod, swordfish, or other firm fish. That zuppa dish is similar to French bouillabaisse. Go to Philadelphia, San Francisco, and of course Brooklyn, and you’ll find variations in zuppa di pesce. So you can’t have zuppa without the frutti di mare. 

2 hours ago, NE John said:

I can’t resist getting into this Italian food fight here…😉 I consulted with my native born Italian DW who grew up in Brooklyn and whose passion is cooking (lucky me). She said that Frutti di Mare is mainly a shellfish dish while that same frutti di mare is part of the soupy/stew-like zuppa di pesce. Along with frutti di mare, zuppa di Pesce can include cod, swordfish, or other firm fish. That zuppa dish is similar to French bouillabaisse. Go to Philadelphia, San Francisco, and of course Brooklyn, and you’ll find variations in zuppa di pesce. So you can’t have zuppa without the frutti di mare. 

John, not a fight but matter of opinion and I value our Friendship.....If you ever come in to BK, got an Italian spot to try.. Mention in the future.

9 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

John, not a fight but matter of opinion and I value our Friendship.....If you ever come in to BK, got an Italian spot to try.. Mention in the future.

I’d love that! We’ probably know several mutual “spots”.