Thoughts on the Gem

21 hours ago, vince_g said:

Vince Acevedo did 2 shows, with one of them being 18+.  The movies were Dune and Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

I’m doing this cruise in July. I’m disappointed in the clear entertainment cost cutting. In a 7 night cruise, just 2 production numbers, a single comic on multiple nights, and movie nights. 

Do you recall which nights were the 2 production shows?

On 3/25/2024 at 5:18 PM, sawsgal said:

Cabin stewards clean cabin once per day.

I don't understand why people feel the need for cabin service twice a day. In fact, on most cruises we tell the cabin steward that we don't need ANY service on some days. (They're busy enough). Do people really make their beds, change their sheets and change towels every day at home? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

I don't understand why people feel the need for cabin service twice a day. In fact, on most cruises we tell the cabin steward that we don't need ANY service on some days. (They're busy enough). Do people really make their beds, change their sheets and change towels every day at home? 

Problem with the little bath towels is the never dry out unless you put a fan on them.

We are booked for cabin 10000 on the Gem to Bermuda; is it ok to use the balcony while at sea. A recent post said that a posted notice forbade balcony use while at sea. 
 Anybody ever run into this restriction, excluding bad weather ? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, PAPAx5 said:

We are booked for cabin 10000 on the Gem to Bermuda; is it ok to use the balcony while at sea. A recent post said that a posted notice forbade balcony use while at sea. 

I saw nothing like that on my TA on Gem back in December

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, PAPAx5 said:

My wife and I are in 10502 in June. You are free to use the balcony any time. At night your curtains must be drawn so no light shines onto the balcony. Their will either be instructions in the cabin or your butler will tell you what to do

Edited by Laszlo

3 hours ago, PAPAx5 said:

We've been in those forward-facing penthouses on the Gem and Jewel several times. Yes, I believe there's a sign about not being out on the balcony when the ship is underway.  But, in practice, there's no issue being out there when the ship is at sea; in fact, the folks on the Navigation Bridge can see you out there.  Never been a problem. 

Just be careful to have the sea door open and hooked to the bulkhead behind it.  And *never* open your stateroom door when the sea door is open and the ship is moving.  It's a mistake you'll only make once.  😂  [And don't let your fingers anywhere near the frame of the sea door when you are opening or closing it.]

One of the most relaxing days I've ever spent was sitting out on that balcony during the sea day after we'd transited the Panama Canal, watching a bunch of Brown Booby birds flying around and landing on the ship, knocking each other off, etc. 

Boobiesonthebow.thumb.jpg.199a7cb5805493cc34197e134d4b2944.jpg

BrownBooby.thumb.jpg.c0a86991464ce59d321fb3e22fea45b6.jpg

Boobiesonthebow3.thumb.jpg.07d1841925bb0b94463a7ffba893b28a.jpg

• Like 2