NCL ENCORE Trans Atlantic Cruise, November 3, 2024

Posted (edited)

We have signed up to take the NCL ENCORE from Miami on a 14 day TransAtlantic Cruise to Azores, Lisbon, Spain, LeHavre, and South Hampton England. Our first cruise on the Encore. We have watched several YouTube videos, looks like fun. Looking for tips, tricks, fun, friends, and a general good time.

Edited by sidevan27
Corrections
  • Like 1

• sidevan27 changed the title to NCL ENCORE Trans Atlantic Cruise, November 3, 2024

The Azores, I assume Sao Miguel and Ponta Delgada, is absolutely amazing! It's one of my favorite places on earth and I've only spent seven hours on the land there. Try to get your ship to overnight there instead of going to any of the other places you're going. None of them are special. Sao Miguel is just...phenomenal. I jest a bit, but seriously! You're going to adore that stunning island - now I just need to get a land-based trip planned there. 

Also, Transatlantic cruises are lovely and relaxing - there is a Transatlantic board on Cruise Critic also. It's not the most helpful, but you might glean some information from there. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2474-transatlantic-transpacific-repositioning-trans-ocean-cruises/ 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked this cruise for myself and my hubby.  We're gonna catch the Encore going back to Miami on the 3rd of Dec. Staying in London to sightsee til it's time to head back home.  Last time I was in London was 50+ years ago when I was in the military. Looking forward to going back. Third time on the Encore.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wife and I just booked this transatlantic cruise on Nov 3rd and returning to Miami on the Escape out of Barcelona on Nov 26.  We are also going to tour England and Barcelona on the days in between.

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 10:34 PM, sidevan27 said:

We have signed up to take the NCL ENCORE from Miami on a 14 day TransAtlantic Cruise to Azores, Lisbon, Spain, LeHavre, and South Hampton England. Our first cruise on the Encore. We have watched several YouTube videos, looks like fun. Looking for tips, tricks, fun, friends, and a general good time.

It will be a fun cruise. 

the link below is from a live post on the Encore. You can see some of the ship and the goings on. The freestyle dailies give you a feel for what the ship has to offer. 

But,,, be forewarned that the cruise is taking the ship to dry dock for a major overhaul. There will be some construction/demolition going on. I would expect that the Observation Lounge would be partially closed since part of that is going to be replaced with rooms. Some people get grumpy taking a cruise just before or just after a dry dock since the ship will be impacted by the dry dock. 

Edited by BirdTravels