Working while Cruising Questions (Euribia specifically)

Morgsmom

So I've made the horrible (😉) mistake of having booked a cruise over "month end" for the first time in my five years of indentured servitude...I mean, gainful employment. 

As such the boss is making me work remotely to close the financial books while at sea.  For anyone with direct experience, have you been able to VPN into your company from the ship's WiFi?  Or will access be blocked?  (PS I'm in finance, NOT IT, so don't laugh...)

Also, is there a business center on the Euribia in case I have to print out some hard copies?  I can't imagine traveling with a portable printer, though I do see some on Amazon with thermal paper rolls.  If so, does anyone know the cost?  (Back in the "old days" there were business centers with computers and printers on the cruise ships where people would log in and print out airline tickets, etc.  Now with everything being online, I don't see that anymore).

Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)

There were some posts about the Starlink rollout on the Euribia, and folks were consistently getting great speeds with low latency throughout most of the ship. There's always a chance that you'll have issues with VPN, but on other MSC ships I've personally not run into any issues with my company's VPN.

There is a "business centre", but I believe it's more of a conference room that's used for larger meetings:

Per CruiseMapper: "Business Centre (size 721 ft2 / 67 m2, Conference Hall / Meeting Rooms)"

image.png.1cba2fd9904dfb9649b384e6b0b732f8.png

And per CruiseDeckPlans, it looks like this (https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/shiptour.php?r=13192😞

image.thumb.png.f22a148f45eb7d859e12943a6bbd1b4c.png

And per the MSC official ship tour video, it looks like this (https://youtu.be/RF6bqeKUZBo?si=BFBKX8yKnMgrI7o6&t=780

image.thumb.png.163249064f87eafc823269a0fc538715.png

Likely the difference between the CruiseDeckPlans photo and the MSC photo is that they are different rooms, because the second photo here is clearly has a window whereas the other is in an interior space. Neither appears to have a printer or really any space for someone to work for a while. They're just meeting spaces, probably used most often by the crew.

Edited by peder
  • Like 1