Does NCL's children's drink package include virgin frozen drinks?

The soda package is very limited. It basically just includes fountain soda.

However, in my experience, if the adults have the beverage package then it is quite rare to be charged for soft drinks for children anyway. We have always been very upfront about who the drinks were for and on only a few occasions were the drinks for our son not charged against our beverage package.

• Like 1

just to be clear, this no such thing as a children's drink package on NCL, which is why you can't find anything with your searches.  The offer the soda package, which is what you child (as well as adults) could get. you can search on that for results

Easy answer, no.

But if you want this thread to go off the rails, ask if you can order a virgin drink on your package and give it to your kid.

Hilarity ensues.

• Haha 2

I was actually wondering this for myself. I don't drink, but do enjoy a virgin pina colada. Buying the drinks package is a lot of money for virgin drinks, when all I really drink is Diet Coke. I think Norwegian won't let only one person in a cabin get a drinks package, which kind of sucks when only one is a drinker.

7 hours ago, beastlet said:

I was actually wondering this for myself. I don't drink, but do enjoy a virgin pina colada. Buying the drinks package is a lot of money for virgin drinks, when all I really drink is Diet Coke. I think Norwegian won't let only one person in a cabin get a drinks package, which kind of sucks when only one is a drinker.

This is done because if I was offered an unlimited drink package which i can order 2 drinks at a time, why would i order a second for my wife. Now, if you only plan on ordering maybe 1 virgin drink per day that is about $8 to $10 per day. But remember, soda is actually pricey on ships, i think it was almost $3 per can 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beastlet said:

It’s $21 a day, his many frozen drinks and sodas do you drink?

I'm hoping to find some fun virgin drinks when we cruise.  I'm traveling with my DH and DS25 and they both would like the beverage package.  DS doesn't drink a lot of alcohol, but he plans on using the opportunity to try a bunch of different drinks to find some he likes LOL.

Since we all have to have the package, I will also have it even though I don't drink alcohol at all (I don't react well and often am knocked out with very small amounts - 1 drink can lead to hours of sleep)

Obviously, I will be able to get diet coke but I'm hoping for some virgin drinks to at least make the package a little more "worth it" for me.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

It’s $21 a day, his many frozen drinks and sodas do you drink?

I won't enjoy a cruise without Diet Coke. I don't drink coffee or tea, and would spend the cruise in caffeine withdrawal. I'm just peeved that I have to pay for the drinks package for me when someone else in the cabin drinks and I don't.

Similarly, I'm bring my teenager with us on the next cruise. He loves Starbucks and we don't drink it. I would have loved to treat him with a Starbucks unlimited package but again we have to buy it for the whole cabin.

54 minutes ago, beastlet said:

He loves Starbucks and we don't drink it. I would have loved to treat him with a Starbucks unlimited package but again we have to buy it for the whole cabin.

How old will the teenager be? If he'll be under 18, the package won't be an option. 

1 hour ago, beastlet said:

I'm just peeved that I have to pay for the drinks package for me when someone else in the cabin drinks and I don't.

You can probably blame the people who share drinks with those who do not have a package for that policy. 

• Like 3

I have a question. My husband has a legitimate allergy to alcohol. He cannot drink even the smallest amount. We are thinking about booking a family trip to the Caribbean in 2025 or 2026. Is there a medical exemption? Because yes, I do want the FAS package.

5 minutes ago, nordicacres said:

I have a question. My husband has a legitimate allergy to alcohol. He cannot drink even the smallest amount. We are thinking about booking a family trip to the Caribbean in 2025 or 2026. Is there a medical exemption? Because yes, I do want the FAS package.

yes, there is.  contact the call center and they can get your the form/procedure.  make sure he wouldn't be interested in the non-alcoholic drinks, though

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pjd65 said:

Since we all have to have the package, I will also have it even though I don't drink alcohol at all (I don't react well and often am knocked out with very small amounts - 1 drink can lead to hours of sleep)

Ummm...I'm failing to find the problem in one drink = hours of sleep. Pass that potion! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

yes, there is.  contact the call center and they can get your the form/procedure.  make sure he wouldn't be interested in the non-alcoholic drinks, though

And if he is interested in non-alcoholic drinks, be sure to taste test his drinks before he has them. My husband doesn't drink (just doesn't like the taste). Multiple times each cruise a bartender will mix him up an alcoholic drink on accident. For us, no harm no foul. For y'all @nordicacres, sounds like it might be a bit more serious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, beastlet said:

Really? That seems silly. 

Terms for packages can be more stringent than just buying individually. The Starbucks package terms state 18 and older.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1