Coco Cay April 2… 3 ships????

I saw this topic in another group about a week ago, and I haven’t found an answer since. Changing itineraries due to cancellation of Labadee has 3 ships scheduled to be at Coco Cay on April 2. Oasis and Freedom were originally scheduled to be there that day. Then Symphony passengers got emails saying they were also going to be there on April 2. I kept waiting to see an update, to find out what the solution was for this mess, because I know only 2 ships can dock at Coco Cay. So far, the app has all 3 ships there on April 2. All the port schedules I can find only show Oasis and Freedom. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure which ships will be there on the 2nd? 

IMG_1172.png

IMG_1171.png

IMG_1170.png

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure which ships will be there on the 2nd? 

Unlikely a new ship would bump the two original ones. 

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Unlikely a new ship would bump the two original ones. 

That’s what I thought too. But I saw at least two emails that Symphony cruisers received saying they were going to be there on the 2nd. And the app shows all 3 at Coco Cay on the 2nd, which I know is impossible. 

I also saw an Oasis email saying that they would now have two days at Coco Cay to make up for missing Labadee. So none of this makes sense. Was hoping someone on the Freedom sailing had an update. 

Its not impossible to have 3 ships, one would have to either dock outboard another and disembark across the other, or tender in.

Either way, 3 ships there would make for a miserable day at Cococay (vice the Perfect day that is already strained with 2 full ships).  And this is spring break.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Neosophy said:

Its not impossible to have 3 ships, one would have to either dock outboard another and disembark across the other, or tender in.

Either way, 3 ships there would make for a miserable day at Cococay (vice the Perfect day that is already strained with 2 full ships).  And this is spring break.

Agree, more then once Labadee had 3 Ships. Also there was talk while back that Coco Cay would at some point have 3 Ships on some days

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Thanks 1

I have been to Coco Cay when there was 4 ships...but it was during the pandemic days.  They were taking turns at docking and leaving ......early in the morning loading and off loading crew members to different ships.  The waiting ships just floating off to the side of the two ships.  There were actually 3 Oasis class ships there at once.  And of course little Rhapsody which was the ship they used to guarantee covid positive crew members.  

But normally....no...only 2 ships at once.  

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, more then once Labadee had 3 Ships. Also there was talk while back that Coco Cay would at some point have 3 Ships on some days

While some cruisers avoid a Coco Cay itinerary, a huge amount will only go on a cruise that has it as one of their port stops.

Coco Cay is a money machine for Royal and I, like yourself believe, if they can sneak a third ship in somehow, they would do it.

The island would be packed and all of the cabanas and excursions would be at maximum price and sold out.

They can make this everybodys favorite stop their least favorite stop in the blink of an eye.  We all know its a numbers game but also a balancing act.  Over running that island with 3 ships a day is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.  The semi-laid back feel it has now will turn into a race off the ship in the morning just to get places to sit. Long Food lines will be the norm and the shuttles constantly backed up.

We will be going from Perfect Day to yelling MAYDAY!!

• Like 1

Freedom itinerary has been switched so yes a new ship bumped it

it was initially 

coco cay

nassau

sea day

now its

sea day

coco cay

nassau

as the Wednesday 3rd initially had no ships at coco day, oasis is now doing 2 days (2nd and 3rd)

I only know as I got emails rearranging shorex to coco and Nassau (the app and website are still struggling to be updated - lots of error pages and inability to book excursions as they are still listed on the wrong day etc

• Thanks 1