Pirate’s LIVE Girls’ Trip on the Vista…April 6-14, 2024

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Happy to hear Grandma is ahead of schedule, and that you have such a great family that is stepping up so you can "do your thing!"  

Yes! It really does help to have a good support system. 

• Like 5

On 3/29/2024 at 9:19 PM, sunshower9 said:

If you're wearing those awesome sunglasses on the ship, I'll definitely be able to find you! 😂

We live 3.5 miles from Terminal 6 @ Port Canaveral. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to see you in those glasses from my front door! 🤣 Seriously though, I love them and would totally wear them.

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2024 at 8:23 AM, pirate4me2 said:

If you followed my last review, you know that Mom and I had some, uh, hiccups, along the way. One of the big ones was getting news mid cruise that my Grandma had fallen and broken her hip and had to have hip replacement surgery. Luckily we had a really supportive family unit back home (my uncle, my husband, and my dad) who told us to continue on with our cruise (we had 2 days left) since there wasn’t really anything we could do.

Grandma had her surgery while we were in Cozumel, and did really well, and has been doing phenomenal with her recovery. She’s stayed active into her older years (she’s 87) which has helped, watches her weight, and most importantly of all, is STUBBORN. That stubbornness has been a blessing and a curse with her recovery….she’s got the drive to do the physical therapy and get back home, but she also wants to do things HER way which puts her new hip in danger since she can’t bend/rotate like she wants to.

Anyway, I say all this because her rehab facility informed us that because she is doing so well, her discharge date is the day we are heading down to FL….April 5. We had been banking on her being in the facility for a few more weeks than that. Obviously she cannot go back to her home alone, she will need someone there at least for a few weeks to make sure she is not doing things that could re-injure her hip, or fall. Mom had already agreed that she would be the Tuesday-Friday daytime caregiver as she works from home those days, and with this new discharge information, we have been left scrambling and wondering if Mom will even be able to go on this cruise. Danggit! After the last one, with all the sickness/worry/drama, she and I both need a re-do!

GOOD NEWS Y’ALL….we had a family dinner with my 2 uncles, dad, mom, myself and Chris, and the boys stepped up yet again to save the day. Maybe it was the kick butt, delicious dinner we prepared (Philly cheesesteaks on the Blackstone & potato salad), maybe it was the free flowing beer (Shiner for Chris, Bud for Uncle #1, PBR for Uncle #2), or maybe it was the nice new bottle of Buffalo Trace I had been saving, hidden in the back corner of my cabinet (that stuff is hard to get here in NC) that is now ¾ empty, but they all agreed to take some days to watch over her while we are away. Hallelujah! The trip is saved!

Those are truly some good men in your family. Obviously raised by some good parents (or wives 😀)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

We live 3.5 miles from Terminal 6 @ Port Canaveral. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to see you in those glasses from my front door! 🤣 Seriously though, I love them and would totally wear them.

BAHAHAHAHAHA you'll know when I arrive in your town on Friday!! 

So jealous you live so close to my favorite cruise port!! 

5 minutes ago, mommio said:

Those are truly some good men in your family. Obviously raised by some good parents (or wives 😀)

Most of them are pretty darn good! Once in a while we gotta whip them back in shape. 😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beagleluv6107 said:

I am so happy the 3 of you can go on the cruise and your grandmom is doing so well. This sounds like an epic trip and I am here for it!!! 😎

Welcome aboard!!

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Is it time to leave yet?? I'm ready!

Meeeeee too! You know who isn’t ready tho? B….she ain’t even packed yet!! 😱

34 minutes ago, HeyJut said:

Me too.

Same! I gotta get thru the workday tomorrow. 5:35 comes, I’ll be FREE!!!!!!

• Like 7

Pre-Cruise Hotel:

After debating if we wanted to drive down overnight Friday to save some PTO time, or start the shenanigans early and drive down a day before and book a hotel for the night, we all finally agreed to do the less-stress route and drive down and book a hotel. Whew, that is my preferred method….get up super early Friday morning (eeeek, B isn’t a morning person, and neither am I…poor mum!), make the trip to FL, stop at my favorite horse supply store in Jacksonville, and get to Cape Canaveral in time for a late lunch/early dinner at the port. Fishlips, here I come!! 🙂

I booked us at my new favorite Cape Canaveral pre-cruise hotel, Home2Suites. It is always super clean, has a nice pool, and is in a great location. The address is 9004 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, and sometimes they have a Park & Cruise package available. Unfortunately for us, it was sold out by the time I made our booking. Oh well, that is what you get for procrastinating!

• Like 10

8 hours ago, LincolnLegend said:

Haha, we're not trying to wish your life away but c'mon already!

Right?! 7 hrs and 43 minutes until vaca starts. Then I shall do what I call "drinking chores"....for every chore I complete, I get a shot! Let's see, I have laundry to do, camper holding tanks to empty (altho I could leave those for DH....but hey, thats an easy shot of Fireball!), dishes, cat boxes to clean....yeah, this evening will be a fun pre-cruise party at the trailerhood! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Pre-Cruise Hotel:

After debating if we wanted to drive down overnight Friday to save some PTO time, or start the shenanigans early and drive down a day before and book a hotel for the night, we all finally agreed to do the less-stress route and drive down and book a hotel. Whew, that is my preferred method….get up super early Friday morning (eeeek, B isn’t a morning person, and neither am I…poor mum!), make the trip to FL, stop at my favorite horse supply store in Jacksonville, and get to Cape Canaveral in time for a late lunch/early dinner at the port. Fishlips, here I come!! 🙂

I booked us at my new favorite Cape Canaveral pre-cruise hotel, Home2Suites. It is always super clean, has a nice pool, and is in a great location. The address is 9004 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, and sometimes they have a Park & Cruise package available. Unfortunately for us, it was sold out by the time I made our booking. Oh well, that is what you get for procrastinating!

Fishlips is great!  First time there we had the bacon wrapped shrimp, soooo tasty!  Next time we were there, they didn't have it on the menu.🙃 If they have it, I highly recommend it!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Fishlips is great!  First time there we had the bacon wrapped shrimp, soooo tasty!  Next time we were there, they didn't have it on the menu.🙃 If they have it, I highly recommend it!! 

That sounds amazing! 

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Pre-Cruise Hotel:

I love Fishlips!  Korean nachos and a Bermuda Triangle....mmmmm! 😋  I could eat there every time I'm in Cape Canaveral but my husband wants to try someplace new tomorrow.  We ate at Zarella's last time and it was really good.

We're staying just down the street from you, at Springhill Suites.  I usually stay at Springhill or Homewood Suites with the park & cruise package.

Edited by sunshower9
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sunshower9 said:

I love Fishlips!  Korean nachos and a Bermuda Triangle....mmmmm! 😋  I could eat there every time I'm in Cape Canaveral but my husband wants to try someplace new tomorrow.  We ate at Zarella's last time and it was really good.

We're staying just down the street from you, at Springhill Suites.  I usually stay at Springhill or Homewood Suites with the park & cruise package.

I gotta admit, we ALWAYS eat at Fishlips when in Cape Canaveral. We went one time to Grill's, and I was disappointed....I just love Fishlips so much. Grills wasn't bad, it just wasn't "my" place! 

I say you should tell the hubby nope, going to Fishlips tomorrow, and we can meet up. I'll be wearing my "awful" glasses! 😂

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

I'll be at Home2Suites, too, but on Monday night. It would have been fun to meet up with you! 😁

Aw shucks!!!! It would have been! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh thank goodness, B just texted that she is FINALLY packing. Whew. I don't know how some of y'all manage to be last minute packers. Chris is, and he ALWAYS forgets something....anyone remember the loofah incident from a few cruises ago? I did inform B that if she forgets anything, I know all too well where the Publix and Walmart are close by! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

I gotta admit, we ALWAYS eat at Fishlips when in Cape Canaveral. We went one time to Grill's, and I was disappointed....I just love Fishlips so much. Grills wasn't bad, it just wasn't "my" place! 

I say you should tell the hubby nope, going to Fishlips tomorrow, and we can meet up. I'll be wearing my "awful" glasses! 😂

I was already kinda hoping to convince him to go to Fishlips anyway.  I would actually love to meet up, but I don't know what time we're getting to the hotel tomorrow.  That depends on what time I wake up in the morning.  Which depends on what time I'm done with all my pre-cruise household chores tonight.  Which depends on how much procrastinating I plan to do today lol. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, sunshower9 said:

I was already kinda hoping to convince him to go to Fishlips anyway.  I would actually love to meet up, but I don't know what time we're getting to the hotel tomorrow.  That depends on what time I wake up in the morning.  Which depends on what time I'm done with all my pre-cruise household chores tonight.  Which depends on how much procrastinating I plan to do today lol. 😂

We sound like 2 of a kind, oh my goodness!!

Our crew did decide to meet up and head out at 6 am, so I am HOPING we get to Cape Canaveral by 4 pm to enjoy dinner and just let down after the drive. But, that depends on traffic, potty stops, a Buc-ees stop (2 in the crew have never been and have decided that we HAVE to stop this time), and our stop at our favorite horse supply store in Jacksonville, FL. You know what, I am gonna say we will probably make AWFUL time after re-reading all that. I bet we land about 5 or 6. LOL. 

Pre-cruise chores.....bah humbug! I am eyeing my list and trying to decide what I can just "forget" to do and leave for the hubby. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Pre-Cruise Hotel:

Home2Suites / Hampton Inn is our go to place as well. We'll be staying two nights before our cruises. We'll also be hitting Fishlips as well! 😃

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Home2Suites / Hampton Inn is our go to place as well. We'll be staying two nights before our cruises. We'll also be hitting Fishlips as well! 😃

Your previous review (I think it was the MG) was how I discovered them! You & Patti are always full of helpful information. 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh thank goodness, B just texted that she is FINALLY packing. Whew. I don't know how some of y'all manage to be last minute packers. Chris is, and he ALWAYS forgets something....anyone remember the loofah incident from a few cruises ago? I did inform B that if she forgets anything, I know all too well where the Publix and Walmart are close by! 

This is me too. Last minute everything, and I too always forget something. Thankfully I have DH, who somehow is able to predict exactly what I'll forget and pack it for me. Of course, he let's me do a mild freak out/bummer face for a few minutes before he finally coughs it up. It also helps that there is literally nothing I could possibly truly need for me to forget. Yeah sure, a 7 night cruise with only the clothes on by back would be uncomfortable to say the least, but I would live, right? Fortunately, it's never that extreme when there's a walmart or publix nearby!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2