Getting off Cruise Ship for early flight

ricklisanye

Normally, the ship ports about 6:30 and the earliest you can get off is between 7 and 7:30....the ship must be cleared by port authorities before anyone gets off.  It is about an hour from the cruise port to the Athens airport by car. You might want to spend a day in Athens rather than risk missing your flight,

• Like 2

For reference, I had an 1145 flight out of Athens after the Greek Glow cruise, I got off of Resilience Lady in Athens with the earliest group ~730 (easy peasy disembarkation) I booked the bus to the airport via Virgin (8AM) and made it to the airport and through customs with plenty of time to spare.  I was a bit stressed reading reviews prior to the trip that one should book later than 1PM or so but was very relieved that I made it. Definitely to save yourself some stress book it later but it's doable (as long as conditions are in your favor)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone! I believe the Olympics being this summer is the reason for all the trouble booking flights and the cost is double from what they should be! Greatly appreciate your help!