APEX - JULY FINE CUT?

Personally I've had  fantastic meals at Fine Cut twice on Beyond BUT on Apex this past Feb it was a major miss! Steaks were overcooked, sauces and mushrooms were cold, service was super slow and the over all vibe seemed lackluster compared to my other experiences. 

We were a table of 4 who had all dined at Fine Cut previously and agreed it was "just okay" bordering on "meh"

Patty 

Posted (edited)

We've dined in Fine Cuts on Edge and Apex.    Found the ambiance and service to be great each time.   However the steaks are not great, they are good not great.   Certainly not prime as you might get at Ruth's Chris or Flemings.   Also at our last visit the wine list may as well have been from outer space as they didn't have half the things on the menu.  A problem everywhere on Celebrity.   How hard can it be to have an accurate wine list? 

Edited by CruiseRQA

10 minutes ago, CruiseRQA said:

We've dined in Fine Cuts on Edge and Apex.    Found the ambiance and service to be great each time.   However the steaks are not great, they are good not great.   Certainly not prime as you might get at Ruth's Chris or Flemings.   Also at our last visit the wine list may as well have been from outer space as they didn't have half the things on the menu.  A problem everywhere on Celebrity.   How hard can it be to have an accurate wine list? 

Agree with your comments.  We were disappointed with the steak quality and the wine menu did not reflect what was available.  We were not impressed.

I've been in Fine Cut on Beyond twice and Apex once, I'm a steak lover, so I keep going back.  It has been hit or miss, it's never been "horrible" for me, but for a "steak joint" it can and probably is going to be a let down. 

Posted (edited)

We loved our meals at Fine Cut on Apex’s TA.  Eden was a complete mess and our OBC was refunded...gofigure!  I think what’s important here is that sometimes specialty restaurants are a hit or a miss depending on a variety of things.  We always try to talk with our waiter, or the chef if possible to gage what we want, along with also knowing what different cuts look the best. We have had the best experiences with this type of questioning before we order, but we always eat rather early and try not to sit at a table where our waiter has a huge group.  As you know, food is so subjective, not to mention your waiter, where you sit, noise level etc.  We all want that total ambiance and experience that is perfect for us.

Edited by Lastdance

36 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Can anyone comment on the non steak offerings?  Are they any good? 😂

I have  lamb chops most times and they have been excellent. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I've had the lobster ravioli and it was delicious. 

Patty

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

We also enjoyed fine cut a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed our meal. The Tomahawk was delicious!

Did you pay extra for the Tomahawk? Other lines charge extra. TIA

On 3/29/2024 at 11:04 AM, Oxo said:

Did you pay extra for the Tomahawk? Other lines charge extra. TIA

I don't know if they charge extra for that but you've already paid extra just to be in the place.   Getting to be like Thenardier running the Inn in Les Miz!

We ate at Fine Cuts on the Beyond in December with a couple we traveled with and all four of us were disappointed.  The steaks themselves tasted “off”, the service was pedestrian and certainly not worth the upcharge.

On 3/28/2024 at 10:52 AM, Karen Lynn said:

I have searched and read many reviews.... is the steakhouse that poor?

So disappointing...

😞

Had great steaks there.  Sadly Cruise Critic has become more and more a place for people to complain that things have gone downhill in service and food.

The owner of Club 21 told me years ago that about .0005% of those who were happy wrote about their visit, but 20% of those that had a problem did so.

And yes, things have changed since 2020.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We were on the Apex 2 weeks ago and ate at Fine Cut mid week. We were both disappointed. I would not pay the extra fee to eat there again. Service was good, but the steaks seemed “mealy” like they had been over-tenderized. We had much better steaks at the Rooftop Garden Grill…

Edited by familythree
Typo

On 3/28/2024 at 3:11 PM, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Yes!  I thoroughly enjoyed the chicken.  It was full of flavor and not overcooked.  Highly recommend. 

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 2.32.56 PM.png