Holiday Inn vs Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale

I know the Fort Lauderdale Hotels have been discussed, however, I still would like to have your expert opinions. I will be staying 1 night post cruise. I have narrowed down my search to the Hyatt Place Cruise Port and Convention Center on SE 10th Street and the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street. I would like to know if there are any walkable stores close to either one, like a Publix or Walgreens.  I am not interested in nearby restaurants. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has stayed at either recently and can comment on how you enjoyed or didnt enjoy your stay. The reviews of mostly all of   the Ft Lauderdale hotels are not good. Thank you

Posted (edited)

Hyatt Place is a great location next door to the Publix market which is in the Harbor Shopping center. Very quick and easy to walk next door. We just stayed there again March 3rd. Check rates through ValueTrips.

Have it booked again for May...it's our go to hotel for pre/post cruise.

Edited by Ashland

We always stay at the Holiday Inn you mentioned.  Very walkable to Publix and Total Wine.  Best part for us, it’s a short walk to the port. 

Hyatt Place is our go to hotel in this area. Been to most on 17th. St. Hoilday Inn is fine also, we just like H.P. better. Both are very close to Publics in the Harbor Shops off 17Th. St. H. P. is also much cheaper if you book thru.  ( Valutrips.com. )  From May - November it is only $ 109 & $119 a night before taxes. Most hotels are around $180- 250 this time a year.

On 3/29/2024 at 9:56 PM, nhraformula00 said:

Hyatt Place is our go to hotel in this area. Been to most on 17th. St. Hoilday Inn is fine also, we just like H.P. better. Both are very close to Publics in the Harbor Shops off 17Th. St. H. P. is also much cheaper if you book thru.  ( Valutrips.com. )  From May - November it is only $ 109 & $119 a night before taxes. Most hotels are around $180- 250 this time a year.

Hi, I have a question about value  trips, I have stayed at the hyatt place twice previously  and it's Perfect precruise . Unfortunately The price on their website and others (ie expedia) for my 1 precruise night is like 350

So I went to value trips and it says 149 for my time-frame.... I was SO happy

But I am also a HUGE chicken, when it comes to new and unknown

My question >>>> do you get a conf # that actually links up to hyatt . 

I would love to save that $200 but don't want to fret for 8 months 

Ty and another other value trip info, would be music to my ears ty

Have never had a problem with a Value Trip reservation.  Don't be surprised if you don't hear anything from them for a week to 10 days.  Once you get their confirmation you deal directly with the hotel.  Meaning you can call them to check on your reservation, and you contact them to cancel. Your card is not charged until you stay.

Exactly, nothing to worry about. You will get an email. some times it takes a while. You can always just check with the hotel for conformation. We have used V.T. 6-7 times over the past 10 or so years. Never had a problem. You are not charged until you stay. We have May 18,19 pre cruise, and May 31 , June 1, booked with them for our 10 day Princess cruise.

17 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

Hi, I have a question about value  trips, I have stayed at the hyatt place twice previously  and it's Perfect precruise . Unfortunately The price on their website and others (ie expedia) for my 1 precruise night is like 350

So I went to value trips and it says 149 for my time-frame.... I was SO happy

But I am also a HUGE chicken, when it comes to new and unknown

My question >>>> do you get a conf # that actually links up to hyatt . 

I would love to save that $200 but don't want to fret for 8 months 

Ty and another other value trip info, would be music to my ears ty

Yes you get a confirmation number. I had to chat Hyatt and they added to my reservation portfolio. I can now see my reservation for sept on hyatts app. 

17 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

Have never had a problem with a Value Trip reservation.  Don't be surprised if you don't hear anything from them for a week to 10 days.  Once you get their confirmation you deal directly with the hotel.  Meaning you can call them to check on your reservation, and you contact them to cancel. Your card is not charged until you stay.

Ty for your reply, it is much appreciated 

14 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Exactly, nothing to worry about. You will get an email. some times it takes a while. You can always just check with the hotel for conformation. We have used V.T. 6-7 times over the past 10 or so years. Never had a problem. You are not charged until you stay. We have May 18,19 pre cruise, and May 31 , June 1, booked with them for our 10 day Princess cruise.

Ty for your reply, I appreciate it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ballonewb said:

Yes you get a confirmation number. I had to chat Hyatt and they added to my reservation portfolio. I can now see my reservation for sept on hyatts app. 

Ty for your reply, appreciate it

Well I went for it, booked via VT 

Normally booking 8 months away and before cruises' final payment are not my jam.

But the savings were way too good to pass up.

Plus if I read correctly, room is able to be canceled up to 48hrs before arrive 🙂

Thank you ALL for the advice 🙂 

4 hours ago, ballonewb said:

Just remember you don't get the Hyatt points when booking with VT.