Lobster night

1Virgo

Last summer on the Summit in the MDR on 'Lobster" night I ordered one and  shrimp cocktail.  Our smart lady waiter brought me two of the appetizers without me asking so between the tasty shrimp and the so so lobster tail it was a good dinner.

On 4/2/2024 at 5:30 PM, George C said:

Lobster dinner in Luminae two weeks ago was terrible it was removed from shell with lots of spices that we didn’t care for . Waiter offered us lobster from mdr and brought her two nice sized lobsters tails at no charge but we were in an upper suite .

Funny I went to Blu on Ascent last week on lobster night as they also had fillet being served, made a nice surf and turf, so glad I did this over luminae. Luminae was not my cup of tea and only ate their for one night.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 2:06 PM, Oxo said:

Just a question and not trying to be funny.

What is the big deal with lobster on a cruise ship?

Regardless of the cruise line we find that the lobster in the MDR is very small, lacks any flavor and never a Maine lobster. 

And now the lines are charging extra for a second serving.

Happy Cruising! 

I agree! Although a nice change having Lobster on the menu I wouldn't let it drive any of my decisions on-board. Some lose sight of the fact that this small, "glorified jumbo shrimp" (1/4 Lbs. tail) is not that expensive...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems each ship is different...With the price we pay, you should be able to get pretty much what you want. Not always the case.. Not ever gonna pay $19 for a small lobster tail..We have the best in the Northeast...While I enjoy a real lobster, I also agree that this whole lobster dilemma, is overrated...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bosjoe said:

Funny I went to Blu on Ascent last week on lobster night as they also had fillet being served, made a nice surf and turf, so glad I did this over luminae. Luminae was not my cup of tea and only ate their for one night.

Blu on ASCENT was a wonderful experience!

We lived on the South Shore of B town. 

I can say on our B2B on the Ascent in Jan in the Cosmopolitan DR we had the best Lobster tail we have ever had, it was buttered and broiled to perfection. We had on both cruises with a the special steak from Normandie. One other note the escargot was also exceptional on these cruises. Each cruise depends on the chef you get. The Ascent had some of the best meals we have had on X MDR or lumina or Blu. We will sailing on the Beyond in May and it will be interesting to see how it compares. 

• Like 1