Booking flights to Orlando in late December

mdin

My family and I are going on a New Years cruise this December out of Port Canaveral. This is the first time I'm flying on Christmas week (looking to book Dec 26 or 27). For anyone who has flown into Orlando during this time of year, how far in advance should we book our flights? We plan on flying out of Connecticut. I normally book about 3 months out for my past Florida trips (between January and March).

Nobody is going to be able to tell you when the "best" time is...its just not that predictable. As you are trying to fly during a very busy holiday time, I would be looking closely at prices since they came out, find a price you can live with, book, and don't look back.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mdin said:

My family and I are going on a New Years cruise this December out of Port Canaveral. This is the first time I'm flying on Christmas week (looking to book Dec 26 or 27). For anyone who has flown into Orlando during this time of year, how far in advance should we book our flights? We plan on flying out of Connecticut. I normally book about 3 months out for my past Florida trips (between January and March).

I would have been looking at flights as soon as they were released and more than likely would have booked them soon after.

• Like 3

I tend to agree with Ashland. Recent years have shown that prices when the schedule release tend to be a bit better than prices later. Flying to Orlando can be expensive at anytime of year, but especially during school breaks. I had to fly my daughter to Orlando over President's Day weekend for a convention and paid nearly $750 round trip on SW. I was shocked how expensive it was.

I'm in a similar boat (pun intended) for Christmas break this year. We are going to do a ship out of Long Beach and go to Disneyland afterwards. Prices to fly from the east coast to LA are very high right now. Trying to decide if I'm comfortable with these prices or wait a bit and see what happens. Don't know what I will do!

dctravel

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dctravel said:

I tend to agree with Ashland. Recent years have shown that prices when the schedule release tend to be a bit better than prices later. Flying to Orlando can be expensive at anytime of year, but especially during school breaks. I had to fly my daughter to Orlando over President's Day weekend for a convention and paid nearly $750 round trip on SW. I was shocked how expensive it was.

I'm in a similar boat (pun intended) for Christmas break this year. We are going to do a ship out of Long Beach and go to Disneyland afterwards. Prices to fly from the east coast to LA are very high right now. Trying to decide if I'm comfortable with these prices or wait a bit and see what happens. Don't know what I will do!

dctravel

Enjoy my side of country.

• Like 1

I would definitely book sooner rather than later.  We’re also cruising at that time and booked Southwest as soon as the dates became available.  

We are on the xmas cruise and return on the 27th, we booked as soon as it opened.

Then just keep checking to see if price drops and get a credit for future travel.