Vista beverage package

Just booked August 2025 cruise on Vista under the Simply More package which comes with the House Select Package.. The published add on rate for their Prestige beverage package is $30 per person, per day. When I view my booking on the Oceania website, and click beverage packages, the price is quite a bit more. I thought it might be %18 gratuity add on, but it is way to high for that. I'm thinking that Simply More must be too new and Oceana doesn't have it on their website properly. 

Any thoughts? 

View and Shop Beverage Package

Our beverage packages enhance your onboard experience while offering excellent value and the luxury of convenience.

HOUSE SELECT-WINE BY GLASS & BEER W/MEAL

Unlimited champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner.

$439.45
($39.95 per guest, per day
Gratuity Included
)
PRESTIGE SELECT - WINE, BEER & SPIRITS

Unlimited premium spirits, champagne, wine and beer wherever and whenever you wish.

$769.45
($69.95 per guest, per day
Gratuity Included
)

What you're seeing is the price from when you could book cruise only, and that is the full price. So yes, their website is not up to date, but don't expect it to be anytime soon. The actual upgrade price for those that book under Simply more, which is any cruise booked after Sept 1 2023, is $30 pp per day. You can have your TA book it, call Oceania to book it, or wait until you're on the ship to book. Both people in the cabin do not have to book it. Many of us wait a day or so to see if we need it. First day is usually pretty busy, second day is usually Captain's Welcome party with open bar for about 3 hours. So I would recommend playing it by ear to see what you think. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Cruisegal5 said:

Just booked August 2025 cruise on Vista under the Simply More package which comes with the House Select Package.. The published add on rate for their Prestige beverage package is $30 per person, per day. When I view my booking on the Oceania website, and click beverage packages, the price is quite a bit more. I thought it might be %18 gratuity add on, but it is way to high for that. I'm thinking that Simply More must be too new and Oceana doesn't have it on their website properly. 

Any thoughts? 

View and Shop Beverage Package

Our beverage packages enhance your onboard experience while offering excellent value and the luxury of convenience.

HOUSE SELECT-WINE BY GLASS & BEER W/MEAL

Unlimited champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner.

$439.45
($39.95 per guest, per day
Gratuity Included
)
PRESTIGE SELECT - WINE, BEER & SPIRITS

Unlimited premium spirits, champagne, wine and beer wherever and whenever you wish.

$769.45
($69.95 per guest, per day
Gratuity Included
)

If you book with SM you get the House Select.  So to upgrade to the Prestige you pay the difference which is $30 per day (or $330 total) as looks like you have an 11 day cruise based upon the amounts indicated. 

Edited by EJL2023

And REMEMBER, you can bring on board ALL the beer, hard liquor and wine you want at embarkation and in the ports. Drink any beer and hard liquor in your cabin/veranda and know there is a $25 corkage fee to drink your own wine in their restaurants.

Plus you'll get ONE FREE night of drinking, the Captain's Party. There are Repeater Party and, sometimes, Newbie Party. So could be a 2nd free night, too. 

Posted (edited)

This is all really good Information to have regarding drink packages. I can see why waiting a couple of days makes sense to decide, since O does not require the package for the entire cruise. We generally upgrade our drink package on lines that do not include most all offered. For is, it just keeps it simple. If we want a cocktail before dinner, or a port/after dinner drink…..or a Bloody Mary on a sea day by the pool….whatever, we don’t have to really think about it. 
Everyone has their different preferences, so it is really great to have options like Oceania offers. Including, and especially bringing wine on board from local ports! 

Edited by Vineyard View
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

And REMEMBER, you can bring on board ALL the beer, hard liquor and wine you want at embarkation and in the ports. Drink any beer and hard liquor in your cabin/veranda and know there is a $25 corkage fee to drink your own wine in their restaurants.

$25 fee applies to your own wine (bottle or glass from that bottle in ANY public space - not just restaurants.

I’m so glad to have found this discussion as I just saw that Oceania list the Prestige package at £57.58 each daily for us Brits, which is crazy. Have calmed down now, knowing that with Simply More it’ll be more around the £25 mark, but is it beyond the wit of Oceania to provide that information on their web site?

I think we’ll hold on a bit (cruise is June 2025), unless anyone here thinks the daily rate is increasing any time soon? We’re getting on in Southampton, so we can take good gin and wine with us on the train, and we’re visiting several French ports, including Bordeaux, so we’d only take the extra package because we like sitting at the bar, really. It’s a tough decision, especially because now we’re over 70 our alcohol intake is lessening by the month. Such trials…..!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Until there are no longer people sailing under OLife, the website will show the full price and option for choosing the Select and Prestige beverage package.  It is not intuitive to know if and which beverage package you may have already.

• Like 2

On the Vista now and DW will sometimes enjoy a "Cosmo."  That cocktail costs $14 + 20% or $16.80,,,fir a single cocktail.  Many other cocktails cost at least $12 + 20%.  Bottom line is for folks who only drink an average of two bar drinks a day (not counting wine/beer at lunch/dinner) the Prestige Select does seem like a good deal.

Hank

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

On the Vista now and DW will sometimes enjoy a "Cosmo."  That cocktail costs $14 + 20% or $16.80,,,fir a single cocktail.  Many other cocktails cost at least $12 + 20%.  Bottom line is for folks who only drink an average of two bar drinks a day (not counting wine/beer at lunch/dinner) the Prestige Select does seem like a good deal.

Hank

(one caveat)...unless those two drinks tend to be during happy hours or the Captain's/Repeaters' parties, then it's not a good deal.