Any update on Sun Princess - Love by Britto?

1 hour ago, dides said:

We watched the video and were disappointed that there wasn't anything apart from fancy food and lots of drinks i.e.nothing experiential like 360 and focussing on art. 

Looking at the dining menu and beverage menu, my other half would only be comfortable eating two out of the six courses (doesn't like fish or mushrooms) but would love the drinks. And I only like one cocktail but can do the food! So not for us.

I agree, the menu has the most limited selection I have ever seen, with the exception drinks. Very disappointing, but makes for an easy pass for us. Very strange that Princess would allow this, really limits the number of passengers willing to spend a large amount of money (whichever is the correct price) and have such a small selection. Why even have a menu? I did notice the very few people in the restaurant unless the time the OP just happened to be an early mealtime (nice sunset view). Would seem like prime time. 

• Like 2

Watched the above referenced video.  I was on the Sun's inaugural sailing, when this venue was not yet open.  At that time the color of the carpeting was dark burgundy, and the chairs were covered in a dark burgundy damask floral pattern, which made them look as they came out of the  1920's.  It looks a heck of a lot better now, with the white carpeting and white chairs.

And, it seems they have rethought the $149 price point.  As it is now officially listed as $79 in the PrincessExpert database.

image.thumb.png.1cfc2f697d8008f0284316622d1fbea7.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

And, it seems they have rethought the $149 price point.  As it is now officially listed as $79 in the PrincessExpert database.

image.thumb.png.1cfc2f697d8008f0284316622d1fbea7.png

Yes, discussed earlier in the thread about the new pricing. Recent posts on another site mentioned the restaurant is deserted so they clearly aren't getting in the numbers.

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:01 PM, sptrout said:

I agree, the menu has the most limited selection I have ever seen, with the exception drinks. Very disappointing, but makes for an easy pass for us. Very strange that Princess would allow this, really limits the number of passengers willing to spend a large amount of money (whichever is the correct price) and have such a small selection. Why even have a menu? I did notice the very few people in the restaurant unless the time the OP just happened to be an early mealtime (nice sunset view). Would seem like prime time. 

3 nights ago I asked if I could make substitutions and not have oysters. The answer was -“well, it’s a set menu by 4 star Michelin chef… blah blah blah, but I’ll inquire with chef”. I gave my cabin number to be followed up with, so far - no response. They’re still selling it as a promotional price of $79 vs $149 original price per person. 
I know off shore this type of dinner would be quite more expensive, but I’m still not “sold” on it for even $79.

I searched Love by Britto on fb and there are nice photos and comments. Price is now $79 pp.  It is not for everyone, but I am happy to try something new. Many posts I’ve seen are complaining about lukewarm food in the MDR on the Sun.  The location, colourful dishes and different menu sucked me in!

Enjoy!!!!!   We would do it in a heartbeat if there were not a couple of things that my husband or myself can not have, or just do not enjoy.

I am hoping that they decide to encourage the 'Chef' to leave his ego onshore and add a few options to choose from.   Doesn't have to be extensive.  But, this is very very limiting.

• Like 1