Upper pullman or sofa bed

I'm looking at booking a port hole room for my daughter and myself. She is 25. The rooms say either an upper pullman or sofa bed. Is there a way to guarantee to sofa bed? Would it be better to just call and book it? Will they be able to guarantee the soft bed?

5 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

I'm looking at booking a port hole room for my daughter and myself. She is 25. The rooms say either an upper pullman or sofa bed. Is there a way to guarantee to sofa bed? Would it be better to just call and book it? Will they be able to guarantee the soft bed?

My DDs (21 & 23) prefer the pullman mattress, saying it's more comfy than the sofa.  Personally I would be too nervous to sleep in an upper pullman, thinking I would tumble out!  I hope you get what your DD needs!

13 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

Look at a site like cruisedeckplans and they will tell you. I think the Carnival deck plans also notes which is which 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My DDs (21 & 23) prefer the pullman mattress, saying it's more comfy than the sofa.  Personally I would be too nervous to sleep in an upper pullman, thinking I would tumble out!  I hope you get what your DD needs!

My thoughts too because I'm sure I would be the one stuck up there!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Look at a site like cruisedeckplans and they will tell you. I think the Carnival deck plans also notes which is which 

Oh ok. Perfect!

Most of the 1A have a sofa bed. It's the sofa and they remove the back pillows and that's the sofa bed. It's too hard for me. It doesnt pull out as something. Just the back rest pillows are removed to sleep.

If it's just you and your daughter, you don't really need the pullman OR the sofa bed. You can just split the king into 2 twins. (Assuming you do not book one of the rooms that are bunk only.)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pyxie said:

If it's just you and your daughter, you don't really need the pullman OR the sofa bed. You can just split the king into 2 twins. (Assuming you do not book one of the rooms that are bunk only.)

There are numerous portholes where it's a single bed plus a Pullman/sofa.