10.20.2024 Itinerary Change

20 minutes ago, Hot Stop said:

https://maine.portcall.com/#!?tab=2&port=Bar Harbor

I’m supposed to in Bar Harbor on the Gem on 8/29 but that site has us in Portland on that day instead. It’s not a big deal for me either way but if it has changed to Portland I just wish NCL would let us know. 

Why do you assume that non governmental site is more accurate than NCL?

9 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Well, I can field that one.  We did not get notified from NCL of some major itinerary changes for our cruise next week.  Several of these "non-governmental" sites had the changes about a month ago.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, I can field that one.  We did not get notified from NCL of some major itinerary changes for our cruise next week.  Several of these "non-governmental" sites had the changes about a month ago.

So you missed Bar Harbor?

1 minute ago, zqvol said:

So you missed Bar Harbor?

This is not a Canada/New England itinerary that I'm referring to...I was responding to the fact that NCL is not that responsive when it comes to notification of changes when other sources *did* have the changes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This is not a Canada/New England itinerary that I'm referring to...I was responding to the fact that NCL is not that responsive when it comes to notification of changes when other sources *did* have the changes.

And Bar Harbor is a unique situation, with the new law, the lawsuit, and the appeal. That is what this entire thread is about 

46 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Do you have a link to what you consider to be the port of Bar Harbor's cruise schedule? 

For those on the breakaway Canada/new England cruises in the fall and want to go down the rabbit hole of itinerary changes and port time adjustment, you should check out the governmental site of St John and Halifax for their ship schedule

St John: https://www.sjport.com/cruise-schedule

Halifax: https://portcontrol.portofhalifax.ca/ ( click on the globe icon and then the calendar icon)

Compare the port times that is on these sites to the norwegian website. most of the times on the norwegian website is incorrect.

I am on the October 13 Breakaway sailing. Norwegian website shows the port time for St John to be 8am to 4pm, St John ship schedule shows 10am to 10pm. Norwegian website shows the port time for Halifax to be 10am to 8pm, Halifax ship schedule shows 3pm to 11pm.

the excursions that are currently available for St John all have a 1045/11am start time and for Halifax all of the excursions have a 330/4pm start time. Clearly someone at Norwegian is aware of the port time difference. Why is Norwegian not notifying guests currently booked on this sailing about this changes and why is the website not updated with these changes? Which port time is correct?

Most likely i think Norwegian is waiting until June when final payment is due and then send out of the itinerary changes notifications your convenience so you can not switch sail dates or make changes to the booking. this is what norwegian usually does from what i noticed

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Why is Norwegian not notifying guests currently booked on this sailing about this changes and why is the website not updated with these changes?

Sadly, it's not just NCL.  We had a Norway cruise booked last year with HAL.  It was supposed to stop in Stavanger.  Many months earlier, the Stavanger *official* port web site showed that our ship, instead of docking in Stavanger (where the docks are right in town), would be docked quite a distance away in the suburbs. No walking into Stavanger; you'd need to take the train or a taxi. The docking location also made it very difficult for folks booked on a very popular private shore excursion to be able to get to it in time.

Many of us called HAL to ask about this, talking to numerous levels of HAL reps, including supervisors.  We were told there was no change, that the ship would be docking right in Stavanger, and not to believe what we read on social media.   Social media?  How about THE OFFICIAL PORT WEB SITE, with an actual drawing of which ships would be berthed where.

Of course, the port web site was correct, and HAL finally had to fess up to the change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Compare the port times that is on these sites to the norwegian website. most of the times on the norwegian website is incorrect.

This is the point that I was trying to make. NCL simply doesn't notify their customers in a timely manner, for *any* port.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zqvol said:

In the Dominican Republic, the private tour operators were so used to NCL cancelling tours there that they led their introductory emails by touting their generous refund policies.  It was the first time I'd ever seen private tour operators do that, and at the time I thought it was really weird.  Then I read about the cancellations on these forums.  Then NCL informed us after final payment.  It's helpful to keep an eye on other sources because sometimes you get more information from them, and that might let you switch or cancel if you can find out before final payment.  

• Like 1

I always put more stock in the official port websites because they have absolutely no motive to lie.  Cruise lines have both "motive and opportunity".  Also, a frequent sign that a port will be canceled is a lack of shore excursions offered.  They know in advance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

I always put more stock in the official port websites because they have absolutely no motive to lie.  Cruise lines have both "motive and opportunity".  Also, a frequent sign that a port will be canceled is a lack of shore excursions offered.  They know in advance.

Yeah the cruise I’m taking has no excursions listed in Bar Harbor

• Like 1

Although Cadillac Mountain is beautiful, you are not missing much in Bar Harbour. It is an overpriced tourist trap. They want tourists on day trips so that you can pay their parking fees. The entire town is metered so you have to pay to park even for five minutes to get a cup of coffee. Boston is a much better choice unless you are from there.